M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i did it, i went and bought an 870 Express and took her apart...completely.

the reason she is stripped down is because im getting her park'd in WWII green/grey.

removing the buttstock was next to impossible. i ended up destroying the stock to get it off. for one reason or another Remington decided to make it so tight that even the right tools wouldnt make it budge...so i cut the buttstock in half to get a pair of pliers around the screw-problem solvedGI3

sometime next week im picking up:

An extension tube.

or this one from Scattergun Tech.

A new stock, pistol grip, and a shell holder:

and a drilled and tapped M1913:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'd go for a side saddle that sits on the left side of the receiver. Seems easier to get to than one on the stock. Just my opinion is all.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd go for a side saddle that sits on the left side of the receiver. Seems easier to get to than one on the stock. Just my opinion is all.
I thought of that but i ended up deciding against it due to visibility issues. I dont want anything other than the receiver in front of my face.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
speed feed stock holds 4 rounds plus 6 in a side saddle mount,plus 7 up the pipe.if you have an emergency situation,spare ammo is right there.the stock and pistol grip are useless.too hard to butt stroke some one in close corners with it.remember the kiss principle.as far as finish,robar would have been a better choice,self lubricating,no rust.same colors.get the barrel threaded for interchangeable chokes before refinish.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I bought an 870 that came from Remington with an 18-1/2" barrel and extended magazine tube. No frills other than that. Doesn't look from the Remington site like they offer that stripped down model anymore.

Added a Hogue forend and a Choate buttstock with pistol grip. Also Wilson/Scattergun magazine spring and follower.

This reminds me that I've got an XS front sight to put on it.

I'm trying to follow the KISS principle for this gun.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just dropped off my 870 to Smith Protective Surfaces to get Green/Grey Parkerizing(like the M1 Garand came from factory) its gonna cost 225.

I just bought the stock and cheek piece for 75 shipped

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would recomend a "flexi tab" lifter if not already equiped.
what is that?

after i get it back from refinishing i am gonna get one. i changed my mind, but i will be keeping the stock caddy also

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks. I ended up getting the EMA Tri Rail instead..ill post pics tonight
Know it well good choice! It's going to be sweet... Light? If I may recommend a TLR-1 with pressure (coiled) pressure pad (very light) $99 bucks at Botach Tactical but tell them your friend got it for $79.00?... What's up? I don't like them much but they have crazy prices on stuff. They should match it they did with me and I got a 5% discount on the coil and back plate.

Then get back plate and coil. $130... Perfect lighting system. Specially with the Magpul grip. I'm liking that now "Thanks" BTW, more $$$ now for me. But perfect hand placement every time.

Or since you have the tri rail go straight pad weaved to the Magpul the light will be right in front of it you don't need a coil... It's not a side mount.

Looking forward to pictures.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Know it well good choice! It's going to be sweet... Light? If I may recommend a TLR-1 with pressure (coiled) pressure pad (very light) $99 bucks at Botach Tactical but tell them your friend got it for $79.00?... What's up? I don't like them much but they have crazy prices on stuff. They should match it they did with me and I got a 5% discount on the coil and back plate.

Then get back plate and coil. $130... Perfect lighting system. Specially with the Magpul grip. I'm liking that now "Thanks" BTW, more $$$ now for me. But perfect hand placement every time.

Or since you have the tri rail go straight pad weaved to the Magpul the light will be right in front of it you don't need a coil... It's not a side mount.

Looking forward to pictures.

yea im still looking for a light.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
What made you choose the EMA Tri-Rail over the Mako or the GG&G and where did you find it?

Also, is there a downside to an angled forend grip? Just wondering in the context of the pump action.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yea im still looking for a light.

That is nice! Is it solid?

Tinman Mako is not as reliable it's kind of like UTG/Leapers. Bagem is putting a lot into this it would be a shame to do the Mako. The Magpul grip, is common for breachers, or at least a stubby forehand grip is. At night your hand always indexes in the same spot. I have to admit I've never seen it done with this Magpul, but it makes sense. Specially with a tri-rail.

The GG&G just gives you a standard 870 pump action with just solid rail attachments. This way he can do what ever he wants now. But GG&G products are high end, made in The USA good stuff.

I like the way you think! Now you have to think small light or that thing is going to be a tank! And if you go pressure pad, you can run it through the rail holes in the bottom to the grip with a little thin slice of velcro to protect it and no wires to be seen.

Very cool, love the 870!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is nice! Is it solid?

Tinman Mako is not as reliable it's kind of like UTG/Leapers. Bagem is putting a lot into this it would be a shame to do the Mako. The Magpul grip, is common for breachers, or at least a stubby forehand grip is. At night your hand always indexes in the same spot. I have to admit I've never seen it done with this Magpul, but it makes sense. Specially with a tri-rail.

The GG&G just gives you a standard 870 pump action with just solid rail attachments. This way he can do what ever he wants now. But GG&G products are high end, made in The USA good stuff.

I like the way you think! Now you have to think small light or that thing is going to be a tank! And if you go pressure pad, you can run it through the rail holes in the bottom to the grip with a little thin slice of velcro to protect it and no wires to be seen.

Very cool, love the 870!
I relly want a pressure pad on the shoulder pad as an experiment but i will prolly put it on the slide. its as solid as a Glock

What made you choose the EMA Tri-Rail over the Mako or the GG&G and where did you find it?

Also, is there a downside to an angled forend grip? Just wondering in the context of the pump action.
Carters Country in Pasadena, TX

and ecm14 hit it on the head. a forward grip is supposed to be used how this grip works. it just feels good in my hand

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
finaly got my 870 Tac back from the finisher! looks great and shoots just as prescribed.

Ill have pictures up tomorrow. sorry for the tease DI2DI2

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.