M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Does anyone know of any Simunition (or a similar paintball type product DESIGNED TO SHOOT AT PEOPLE) that can be adapted for use through an M1A? I've found plenty of 9mm and 5.56 but no .30 cal, which seems odd for such a popular round.

Is the 7.62 too powerful for "paintball" type rounds?

I'm also assuming it's legal in NY

Thanks,
Connor

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen this before but I was hoping for something more like a paintball round. I guess I needed to clarify.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know of any Simunition (or a similar paintball type product DESIGNED TO SHOOT AT PEOPLE) that can be adapted for use through an M1A? I've found plenty of 9mm and 5.56 but no .30 cal, which seems odd for such a popular round.

Thanks,
Connor
I thought that simunition was not legal for sale to the general public?

I just typed that and I am shaking my head that it would ever be illegal for purchase.

But, having been in LEO, I do recall being told that.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,
Connor
I bet that will leave one hell of a mark!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I know it exists as I got to feel the effects about 6 months ago during a room clearing but I have never seen it for sale for general public use

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
For God's sake DO NOT shoot any of that at people !!!!

DAG 7.62

won't cycle your action...
For God's sake DO NOT shoot any of that at people !!!! That stuff does about 4000 fps , at 100 yards it will still shoot through 1/4 inch plywood.

Just a Public Service Announcement.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Simunition is intended to actually shoot at people? i wasn't aware.. thought we were talking about regular training ammo for paper..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Wow. Thats not stuff to be shooting ay people. Thats 'a cheap alternative' to real ammo not shooting at people.

This is why stuf like simunitions and such are illegal. Im giving you the benefit of the doubt on your intelligence, bu remember there are plenty of people who can search this and buy them, going only by reading this post!

I think youre missing the point on the paint part to the op. if one is hit with a simunition it would be obvious, and paint wouldnt be needed to prove a contact. I understand the training value, but those things are good awful painful. You really dont wamt to be playing with those.

If you want to practice training. I say get a paintball gun. You can get setups with out huge tanks and hoppers, and close enough they have straight ballistics. In the woods you can learn and polish stalking, concealment, cover, moving undetected all that stuff. Range is the issue, but you can still learn the skills and apply them for a real fight, jut remember amd figure out what that range change will do with real guns.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Simunition is intended to actually shoot at people? i wasn't aware.. thought we were talking about regular training ammo for paper..
Never watched Special Ops Mission on Military channel? Fun show to watch. They use simunition all the time.

[ame]http://youtu.be/ay7T88aprKU[/ame]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts