M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stopped at my local Gun shop this morning and got two 100 round boxes, with pouch, of LC linked M60 ammo. He wanted $100.00 per box, but I talked him down to $70.00 each. I also got about 300 150 grain FMJ soft point bullets for $25.00. They should work okay for plinking.

I will pull the incendiary bullets as I don't want to shoot them through my rifle, and most ranges don't allow it.

Oh, I was in awe while there too, because another guy came in and while the three of us, owner, other guy, and myself were talking, he mentioned that he was a SEAL and a Sniper. I wanted to genuflect before him, but I resisted the urge.SOAPBOX1

Couldn't think of what to ask him to either prove or disprove his statement.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Stopped at my local Gun shop this morning and got two 100 round boxes, with pouch, of LC linked M60 ammo. He wanted $100.00 per box, but I talked him down to $70.00 each. I also got about 300 150 grain FMJ soft point bullets for $25.00. They should work okay for plinking.

I will pull the incendiary bullets as I don't want to shoot them through my rifle, and most ranges don't allow it.

Oh, I was in awe while there too, because another guy came in and while the three of us, owner, other guy, and myself were talking, he mentioned that he was a Seal and a sniper. I wanted to genuflect before him, but I resisted the urge.SOAPBOX1

Met more SEALs and Snipers in bars and gunshops than I did in the service... GI3

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,631 Posts
Some help with delinking military surplus ammunition Bgrafsr. Good score, I'm with Whatsinaname181. In that I have met many more Snipers in Gun Stores and Gun Shows that I ever did while in Vietnam for two tours.

The slow way for delinking...

1. Get yourself a large soft chair, place in front of TV.
2. Get yourself a pair of leather gloves heavy type.
3. Get yourself two ammo cans, one on each side of the chair.
4. Sit and watch TV as you push the rounds out the back of each link.
5. Place the round in one can and the unused link in the other.

The faster way...

1. Put the belted ammunition in your M60/SAW or Ma Deuce and put the trigger.
2. Pick up links and put in can on right.
3. Pick up brass and place in can on left.

GI5

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some help with delinking military surplus ammunition Bgrafsr. Good score, I'm with Whatsinaname181. In that I have met many more Snipers in Gun Stores and Gun Shows that I ever did while in Vietnam for two tours.

The slow way for delinking...

1. Get yourself a large soft chair, place in front of TV.
2. Get yourself a pair of leather gloves heavy type.
3. Get yourself two ammo cans, one on each side of the chair.
4. Sit and watch TV as you push the rounds out the back of each link.
5. Place the round in one can and the unused link in the other.

The faster way...

1. Put the belted ammunition in your M60/SAW or Ma Deuce and put the trigger.
2. Pick up links and put in can on right.
3. Pick up brass and place in can on left.

GI5
Thank you very much. Just unlinked 100 rounds. Piece of cake. Now I have to go back and get the other 100 rounds he has on the shelf, which I should have bought earlier.

Anyone need the links? I have no use for them, so free to a good home.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thank you very much. Just unlinked 100 rounds. Piece of cake. Now I have to go back and get the other 100 rounds he has on the shelf, which I should have bought earlier.

Anyone need the links? I have no use for them, so free to a good home.
The red tipped ones will not hurt your rifle, they are m62 tracers. They won't start to burn until many yards down range.

Offer them for sale, they fetch a premium over ball rounds

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Test one: if he says he's a seal and a sniper, he probably isn't.

Real-deal SEAL-type dudes will generally only talk about it with close friends, and even then don't say much.

In my experience.

Reactions: Bgrafsr

·
Registered
426 Posts
Reactions: Bgrafsr

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I was talking about some 1911s with a guy at the counter of the local Gander MTN and he asked me if I was SF when I was in the Army. I looked at him with a puzzled look and said "No, why do you ask?" He responds with, "well you know a lot about the 1911." I just smiled and said I had a good teacher (my Father, MSGT USMC (ret)).

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
There are a few "adult" words spoken in this video, so be warned
Very funny to watch him corner and confront those scum on the phone, then out them on the net.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9aykgU9FZc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts