M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 7.62mm barreled action, 18" Criterion standard weight chrome lined barrel and a TRW bolt, (a bit tight)

All GI parts, H&R Manufacture

got everything put together and the Receiver just wont go far enough down for the trigger group to engage properly, WAY too tight!!!

Have already pounded on it with a hard plastic mallet,
as far down as it goes, there is still just a bit of light under about 90% of the heel, the other 10% touching the stock is just near the edge of the heel,

My guess is that the heel is not flat enough to seal against the stock?

Am I missing something here?
Do I need to stone the bottom of the Receiver?

give me some ideas I really dont want to go messing up a new rifle

got to be an easy fix here huh?

I had a 22" Polytech installed prior to the 7.62 with absolutely no issues. just too long
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it!

put a bit of grease on it and hit it with a Bigger BFH, a dead blow hammer, not sure if it was the grease or the bigger hammer but it's in now!

Thanks guys




7.62mm forged receiver,
Criterion 18" standard weight chrome lined barrel
Smith GLFS and a Vortex
TRW Bolt all other parts H&R
Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T 51850
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top