M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too would like to know about this operation, as I am considering purchasing several parts they make to USGI spec. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I'm gonna order an extractor and firing pin from them to replace mychinese parts. Their prices are very good. Gi stuff just keeps going up. I just can't justify almost $100 for those 2 parts when there are new,to spec parts available for about 1/2 that.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot justify paying for USGI parts anymore that I don't know where there coming from, or how old. 7.62mm extractors are made here in the U.S.A. and they seem to care about what they produce if you have been following the threads about their products.
I am going to order two for myself just to have. I already have a USGI extractor in my Socom now. but I would like to have some spares.

Glenn

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been thinking about this too. I might swap in their extractor, ejector and firing pin just to see how they work out.
I would like to try their trigger group also.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
A bog +1 for trying their trigger group. Should be a better alternative for me other than using older gi stuff. Get my us parts count up with new mfg parts and support an american company who is also a site sponsor!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I took the plunge last night. I orderer two of each, extractor, extractor sping and plunger, ejector with spring, and chrome firing pin. That saved me $29.00 per set from the people in Florida I was getting parts from.( their firing pin was parkerized steel)
So when they come in I will post some pictures.

Thank you,
Glenn

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Keep us updated on how they fit and preform.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Keep us updated on how they fit and preform.
I second the above, and would be interested in everyone's evaluations ...regarding the new production 762MM parts.

GI parts are getting to be to rare, and over the top in price when found.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I second the above, and would be interested in everyone's evaluations ...regarding the new production 762MM parts.

GI parts are getting to be to rare, and over the top in price when found.
I will do that. I just had them shipped by USPS. So when they come in I will post pictures and give weight and fit comparisons.

Glenn

P.S. I just know at some time all these little parts are going to sprout into a new rifle. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just ordered an extractor, ejector spring and plunger, and extractor spring from 7.62mm.
Please give us your opinion on the parts when you get them in. These parts are fairly new and the more perspectives we get the better.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I will do that. I just had them shipped by USPS. So when they come in I will post pictures and give weight and fit comparisons.

Glenn

P.S. I just know at some time all these little parts are going to sprout into a new rifle. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
LOL.... I catch myself doing this at times too. It's not my fault.......but a "spare " trigger group just looks better if it's in a "spare" rifle.

Did the parts you ordered make it to you yet?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not yet. It has only been five days, and that was New Years weekend. I will post as soon as the Rifle...... I mean parts come in.

Glenn

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered a complete bolt assembly within 24 hours of their offering the bolts on their website. I still have not received the bolt, but all the guts came within a few days.

Last week I did a USGI bolt to Polytech receiver conversion and when I was finishing assembly I used the 762MM Firearms firing pin, extractor, extractor spring & detent, ejector spring and ejector.

The Winchester bolt that I had so carefully fit and lapped to the Polytech receiver would not close with the 762MM Firearms extractor in it. This is on the indexed Chinese barrel.

Looking at the extractor you can see some subtle differences. The extractor on the left is the 762MM Firearms. The extractor on the right came from my CMP TRW parts kit, and looks the same as the extractors I bought years ago from Numrich, one of which I used to fix the issue in the Poly. The bolt does close with that Numrich extractor.

Here's the two extractors in an unused TRW bolt. First the (probable) USGI type that worked in my Poly/Win.

Here's the 762MM Firearms extractor that was hitting my barrel face and keeping the bolt from closing.

Again, I have not tried the extractor in any other rifle. I have not yet contacted 762MM about it, and do not know if this would be a rare issue caused by the Poly barrel or what. I just noticed the thread and figure I'd share my limited experiences.

This weekend I should have the opportunity to pull out some other rifles and try the 762MM extractor in those which do not have Chinese barrels in them and see if the problem exists there.

SS

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Thanks for the extractor info. I've got the original chinese extractor in my hrt bolt right now. No closing or lock up issues.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That reminds me. I tried a Chinese extractor in the Winchester bolt also, before I put in the GI/Numrich one, and it also had no problem closing as well.

SS

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the post, Scharfschutz.
There are definite differences in the shape. I have not gotten the parts in yet, but will post pictures when they come in.

Glenn

·
Registered
102 Posts
I put the 762MM Firearms extractor in my SAI 79,5xx. It is all USGI except the receiver. The bolt is a TRW, the barrel is a HR. It will not close either.

SS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts