M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order this morning for a 7.62mm built Scout with the forged receiver and I'm getting my own serial number....SWEETGI2. Chris was VERY helpful and I was treated great! He took the time to answer all of my questions concerning the build even though I'm sure he had better things to be doingGI6.
If I can figure out how to post a pic, I'll be more than happy to do so when it arrives. I had to clean the stable out to get enough money to do this, but I'm quite sure that I made the right choice.
Now if I could only trade some of my .5.56mm for some 7.62mm, I'll be set (at least for a little while!).GI8

·
Registered
623 Posts
Let us know when it comes in.I for one want a full report on fit function,how well it's made,and how the finished product is.I'm really interested.If their product in line is shaping up like it seems they have potential.
Gus Fisher seems to have taken a liking to 'em

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Let us know when it comes in.I for one want a full report on fit function,how well it's made,and how the finished product is.I'm really interested.If their product in line is shaping up like it seems they have potential.
Gus Fisher seems to have taken a liking to 'em
That says alot, In my experience a USMC master gunnery sgt does not give his trust and approval unless earned!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that I've done my test pics, I'll be sure to post photo's. I will also post photo's of the 7.62mm Cast receiver (full rifle) after I get it back (having some adjustments made). It is very accurate (TRW Barrel) with whatever I feed it. The mags seem to fit very tight, so I'm having Chris take a look at it. He's been most helpful.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i live about an hour away from 7.62 firearms & those guys are great. i have also thought of thinning the herd to fund one of their scout/bush models, as i really like the 18" models especially theirs. i would have to part with my fal & either my ar 15 or vz 58. the fal doesn't bother me at all but i would rather keep the other two, decisions decisions.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live about an hour away from 7.62 firearms & those guys are great. i have also thought of thinning the herd to fund one of their scout/bush models, as i really like the 18" models especially theirs. i would have to part with my fal & either my ar 15 or vz 58. the fal doesn't bother me at all but i would rather keep the other two, decisions decisions.
The price of AR's have come down some so I will replace mine in the near future (I was hesitant to sell it though). However, I've kept all of my ammo and other supplies. Some will agree and disagree about the effectiness of the 5.56mm.
All that I can say is I've been there and done that with the 5.56mm and I was NOT impressed. However it does serve a purpose and I did use mine to hunt coyotes...
I sold a mis-matched USGI .45 and that gave me enough money to go forward with the build. I guess you will have to do some soul searching and then do it. I have no regrets.GI6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts