M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a 7.62mm trigger group and have written a review, but due to the large amount of pictures, I've posted a pdf file on my website. I will post additional information when it becomes available.

Please feel free to post in this thread if you have questions or want to contribute additional information.

Below is the link to the review.

http://www.m-14parts.com/7.62mmtg.pdf

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
very informative review, thanks for your post. I have been looking around for a good repro trigger mech. I guess illl have to keep looking for a well priced G.I. group, 762 has crossed my mind for my next project not with just there trigger groups but also their bolts which I still havent heard much on. Was this from their most recent batch?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Stacking tolerances...

Now you can get a better idea when several items are at their dimensional limits and how it can affect the outcome of a build.

Thanks for the lessons,
Bruce

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Thank you for a great review. I'm hoping that they get their parts right before I run out of usgi.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks like 7.62 is coming along, they may have a few issues to work out but still nice American made product.
They are taking a boat load of M14 product too, I'm sure they will be up there with LRB in no time and have all quality 14 product for us to enjoy!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Great review Jon!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Thank you.

Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate this product. I'm sure 7.62 will succeed, once the bugs are worked out. I think we owe Chris an Attaboy for even attempting these products given our current political and financial siuations.

HonerBRSTBOMB

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Great review, thanks.

I look at this way, these small parts are not claimed to be drop in parts, so it will take some fitting to make right.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
, 762 has crossed my mind for my next project not with just there trigger groups but also their bolts which I still havent heard much on. Was this from their most recent batch?
I will be receiving one of their bolts shortly, after they come out of heat treat on this batch, for an evaluation, along with a trigger group and assortment of small parts produced by 7.62MM Firearms. I will post my reflections at the earliest convenience.

Thank you for your efforts Jon, it is much appreciated. This appears from the photos, to be a simple matter of relieving the hammer spring housing for overall length, which will in effect, allow the hammer to travel fully, and to seat properly, as evidenced by the angle,....more travel will cause it to level across the top of the housing, or so the picture shows. I realize it is different in person though. I do not have the housing to measure dimensions also, but hope to soon.

Barring any other unforeseen glitches, the location of the hammer pin hole in the housing, could be the culprit, if the hammer spring housing is in spec, that is. The hammer hook, to trigger mate, is too good to be there, in that hole location ( trigger pin hole), I believe. Mind you all, this is just conjecture at this point, just my perspective.

I just came across a USGI trigger group that had similar problems, and the back half of the hammer was chiseled off from the bolt cycling many, many times. I am talking mirror smooth, and shiny. When looking for the problem, I found it where Jon found this anomaly on his review.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Jon,

Thanks for the review on 7.62mm's trigger assembly. I too am very encouraged by Chris's willingness to not only produce these parts but also to offer the early versions out to the experts for review. This in itself shows their commitment to getting it right. The feedback they got on the receivers has got them on the right track there and hopefully the trigger assembly will follow a similar path.

With the help of quality manufacturers like 7.62mm, our beloved weapon system may live long into the future.

Keep up the good work Chris.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
As ususal, Jon Wolfe says it like it is, and knows what he's talking about. 7.62s willingness to consult with industry leaders like this will be well rewarded as they work the kinks out. I'm sure, like their receivers, they will continue to refine and fine tune the manufacturing.

Thanks for the effort and continuing contribution Jon! Well written.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jon thanks for the excellent and informative review. And thanks for 7.62 for investing in creating parts and working with the best in the industry to get things straight!

·
Registered
623 Posts
From what I've picked up in the last few years,building parts for this rifle is easier said than done. It seems they got their recievers tuned in,hopefully they can tune the trigger group/parts .
Something tells me they will,and I hesitate to go out on a limb like that.But I guess I just did.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the information - the pictures definitely tell the story. Hoping they will be able to work out the current deficiencies .....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a request for you Jon. I'm deployed right now, and cannot open your report from here, so was wondering if you could give me a short run down on your findings?

How does the 762MM trigger group stack up to USGI?....... In short.

Also interested in your findings regarding any other 762MM produced parts as well.

BTW...... A big thanks to Chris, and his bunch out at 762MM firearms for their commitment to the M14. I wish them the best.

Thanks,
Fragout

·
Registered
922 Posts
Very well done. Keep everyone posted, please.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
7.62MM Update

Just so it is not misunderstood, I do not wish to take over Jon's thread. I just want to keep the membership informed of any developements with these parts.

I received a call from Chris and Nathan from 7.62MM F. on two seperate calls. The first was from Nathan requesting shipping info to me, and the second was from Chris.

Within 24 hours of being notified about the problems with the trigger group, that were discovered by Jon Wolfe, he had assembled a team to address and fix these problems. He informed me that the problems were fixed and what they entailed. I will post what the changes were and what I find when the parts arrive on a different thread. I don't know of many manufacturing companies that are able, or willing, to jump on a problem this quickly.

It is good that we have someone like Jon to devote their time and energy to these projects and to give us feedback on them. Two heads are better than one, and he might have found something that I wouldn't have found. Therefore I am glad that he was the first to see them, because now all those that follow, will have a baseline of experience to go by. Knowing where to look for potential problems is half the battle. Diagnosis and trouble shooting are the difficult part, fixing it is relatively easy in comparison.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has Jon done, or will he be doing a follow up on these trigger groups to see if there has been improvements since his last review?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts