M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering what people have experienced whith 7.62mm customer service good or bad. I ask this question because a couple months I ordered one of their bolts from their website because it said "in stock and ready to ship" after a week or so I called them to check on the status of my order and was told " their in the heat treat right now and should be shipping in a few days" I had a buddy with bolt he said he would sell me so I asked if I could cancel my order because it hadn't shipped yet. I was told "ya no problem Ill just go in the system and cancel it" right before he let me go I relized he didn't ask for the order number, so I asked if he needed it and he said "oh ya" Im not sure who I spoke with but he seemed very hurried. So this morning I go to check the mail (2+months after canceling order) and was very surprised to find the canceled order in my mail box. after that experience Im a little hesitant to try to send it back for a refund and Im at a loss for what to do other than sell it for a loss. From what I understand they put out quality parts and maybe Im just that one in a thousand of miss handled orders.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I wouldn't sell it for a loss, I would ask the same as they do because there would be no waiting for the buyer, he could get it right away. I have had pretty good luck with 762MM and customer service, but I usually email and ask them to call me and leave them a number, I know they are busy and couldn't possibly stay on the phone all day and get anything done. They usually call me after 8-8:30 at night, after work is done.
If Chris is busy, call Mark, he sometimes can spend more time on your concerns. I have yet to have Mark not at least reach Chris and get anything I need straightened out.

·
Registered
448 Posts
DONT SELL IT AT A LOSS
i for one would buy it but i know that if you contacted them and give a short and cordial explanation that it was a canceled order they would refund you for it
i am sure many others would buy it at new price to

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
In all honesty this isn't something that should be posted in the open right yet. It's obvious that you haven't contacted them to rectifiy the error.

We've had a long standing policy on this board not to air out things like this before exhausting all of the possibilities for a amicable solution.

In additiion, once that is done, it belongs in the slop chute and not in this forum.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that would be nice if it were a free bolt but Ill have to wait to see the bank statement to see if its a late x-mas gift or early b-day gift lol. hawk I understand what you mean and I am in no way bashing 7.62mm firearms, I have tried to call them 2 times and have left a voice mail in the weeks following my order with no call back. I know companies get busy and it can be difficult to return every call. I started this thred to find out if this is something to expect being that this was my first purchase from them and I would like to buy from them in the future because of their high quality parts and would be willing to chalk this one up as a "fallen thru the cracks" thing if I didnt a get a bunch of responses with the same experience I have had.
BTW after having some time to look it over I think Im gonna keep it for my next build, its a pretty good looking bolt

·
Registered
110 Posts
im wondering what people have experienced whith 7.62mm customer service good or bad. I ask this question because a couple months i ordered one of their bolts from their website because it said "in stock and ready to ship" after a week or so i called them to check on the status of my order and was told " their in the heat treat right now and should be shipping in a few days" i had a buddy with bolt he said he would sell me so i asked if i could cancel my order because it hadn't shipped yet. I was told "ya no problem ill just go in the system and cancel it" right before he let me go i relized he didn't ask for the order number, so i asked if he needed it and he said "oh ya" im not sure who i spoke with but he seemed very hurried. So this morning i go to check the mail (2+months after canceling order) and was very surprised to find the canceled order in my mail box. After that experience im a little hesitant to try to send it back for a refund and im at a loss for what to do other than sell it for a loss. From what i understand they put out quality parts and maybe im just that one in a thousand of miss handled orders.
sorry with shot show and all the orders
we got a little behind also want to test all aspects of the bolts the lab tests took for ever to get done. Sorry
7.62mm

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt consider shot show and can see how that could a put strain on on any firearms manufacturer. After all said Im pleased with the bolt and it does seem like alot of attention to detail was givin in its production. Even though I wasn't expecting it Id have a hard time parting with it and hope to mate it to 762mm reciever in the near future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts