M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on Gunbroker:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=239912682
In a previous post Chris from 7.62MM stated that Cast receivers are not available. I thought 52xxx serial numbers where Forged and 51xxx serial numbers where Cast. If Cast Receivers are not and were not available how can this weapon be for sale? Help me out here is this cast?

Thank you

Jim

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
2,141 Posts
They initially offered a cast unit a while ago (year or more back) in conjunction with their forged unit

but they pulled it off the market

they are introducing a new cast receiver made on new equipment/castings

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
They initially offered a cast unit a while ago (year or more back) in conjunction with their forged unit, but they pulled it off the market they are introducing a new cast receiver made on new equipment/castings
Correct. I had a cast and a forged ordered. What Chris did for me was to upgrade the cast rx to a forged rx for the inconvenience. I'm waiting for the $$ to be there and then I will send that forged rx and my parts to Ted Brown to be built.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
There were at least four investment cast 7.62mm Firearms receivers made in 2010. I examined barreled action serial number 51002 at the 2010 SHOT Show as I spoke with Chris Thomas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.