M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I was shooting some of the delinked Radway Green 7.62 out of a friends M1A and it either had a light primer strike and did not fire or went right through the primer and fired at least 2 to 3rounds at a time. I mean perfect hole in the primer from the firing pin and even had a exact cut out of a piece of brass the size of the firing pin on the bolt face. I was about to fire my M1A with it and decided not to and we stopped with his after 1 magazine. We had no other ammo with us so we packed up and headed to the house. Is it the ammo or the rifle ???????

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
what year was the ammo? did it fire like on full auto? cant blame you for calling it a day. Sorta sounded like your friend wasnt using good follow through and was accidentally bump firing, but with the nice little hole in the primer i must admit i am stumped. One of the many more knowledgeable memebers will be along shortly, they will be able to help more

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
If you could post some pictures it would help to trouble shoot this problem. Pics of the chamber, bolt face, and the fired cartridge would really help. If you could get one of the hammer hooks on the trigger assembly that would ace it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radway Green

I have some cases and will try to get some pic's of the brass. The bolt face looked basically, well best way to put it is new nothing irregular. I'll have to have him takes pic's of the trigger group. He was not bump firing it, it was firing off 2 to 3 rounds only on the rounds that had pierced primers. The primers just have an exact hole the size of the firing pin. I do not know the year of the ammo, it is the Radway Green that Aim was selling in 4 rounds linked together with tracers pulled.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've shot several hundred rounds of that same ammo with no problems.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Stuck or broken firing pin? It's odd that it would pierce the primer like that with a regular hammer-struck firing pin blow.

I would probably tear the bolt down and look for wear or broken pieces... if the hammer is not suspect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts