M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As USGI parts are becoming harder to find and more expensive in the process, I've been looking around at the new manufacture alternatives.

We are fortunate that we have at least three manufacturers rolling out new parts that appear to be produced based on the methods )forging) and apparently tolercances of the originals. LRB and SEI are rolling out new bolts, and SEI makes and LRB sells (not sure if it is LRB manufacture) forged one piece op rods.

Another company out there, 7.62mm, seems to be increasing their offering of new parts. They have a bolt they are now offering, op rod and a few other parts.

I know things got off to a little bit of a rocky start with their receivers, but they seem to be in the groove now.

Has anyone tried the 7.62mm bolts or op rods yet? Yhey are selling hammer forged one piece op rods and hammer forged bolts for pretty decent prices right now. Based on the descriptions, they appear to have been made true to the original methods. My question is whether anyone has any experience with installing them = are the fit and finish true to specs?

I am SLOWLY assembling the parts for a future build, and am actually looking for a replacement bolt and op rod for my Springfield Scout. TRW bolts and op rods seem to be more rare than a beauiful 20 year old virgin around Camp LeJune (sorry Marines, but I would be shocked if there was any offense to that observation), so a new part that specs out true to the old USGI standards is a pretty attractive option for those of us who are looking more for a perfomnance solution than assembling al all USGI original platform.

Thanks all!

Jim

·
Registered
714 Posts
I bought some bolt components from them a few months ago for spares.
They looked well made, but the finish was a little mottled.
They compared very favorably with the USGI counterparts, but did not "look" as nice.
Since they are internal parts, I could care less.
I haven't needed them yet, but it's nice to know I've got them in reserve.
Until someone actually builds up a rifle with them, and reports their firing experience, I'm hoping they'll work just fine.
At least I feel better knowing they're in my kit of I ever need them.
Don't know if this helps or not.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Id like to say I hope some of these manufacturers get the bug to start manufacturing trigger groups (or parts for)... Seems a quickly dwindling resource....

Sorry I can answer your question however...

·
Registered
744 Posts
7.62 has a milled trigger group listed as a replacement 195.00. That could be the answer to the trigger question.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bolts are not shipping yet. Op-rods & trigger assemblies are ready to ship. This according to Chris @ 762MM, or whoever is answering his email.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts