M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With any luck, some pictures will show my latest. All winchester with exception of TRW bbl and Rec. Awaiting the Hawk dummy kit to complete the build. I am really happy with this one. Range report after new year I fear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I elected to leave the CMP parts as is to give it a feel of a USGI rifle. Not perfect, but not too rough either. Only part I am unhappy with is the bolt color which will get a repark after the New Year also. By the way, the machining on the rec. was very good. no rough edged, good gap for the bolt roller and finished quite nicely under the heal. Nice ring heard when you let the bolt close or driy fire the weapon. I will order another one of these for sure!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Thank you fr the Report
Nice rifle you have Assembled

·
Registered
6 Posts
My reciever serial number is one more than yours I used a cmp parts kit as well all trw just added a trw barrel and bolt.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Well, Isn't that just Special !!! Congratulations on a fine investment there,.... are in order.....FRG1dance2FRG1

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know there have been a few, somewhat negative, posts about 7.62 arms, but after reading some of the more recent posts about their work they definitely have my attention. Maybe when I think I can tackle the project of building a rifle, I'll buy one of their barreled receivers. I think there are going to be some good things from them.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
riq21, is that your armory in the background?
My god man!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Nice!

7.62 here I come. If my check comes today from the sale of my Citori then it is order time tomorrow.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just shipped off my Gen 1 receiver and parts kit to 7.62mm yesterday. Can't wait to get it back!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
That is a gorgeous rifle! Nice little armory you got there too! I think I spy a 1903s, M1, and Carbines.

I put myself on the LRB group by, I think I might have been a little too hasty. It appears that Chris has a winner! I wonder how far away complete 7.62 rifles are? Chris now makes a Receiver, Bolt, and Op-Rod correct?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Very nice rifle. I think they have it down now at 7.62.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the compliments-I only bought the parts in this case so can't take too much credit. Mostly Garands and a couple of 03's and one 03a4 in the background. The wall to the left has an assortment of carbines and M16's (semi) that I either built or restored. I subscribe to the notion that you can't have too many....

Don't want to speak for Chris, but he is making receivers, bolts, op rods and trigger housing and parts. Not sure if the bolts are ready as yet. As far as turn around, I think that Chris built mine using the batch method. He had about 10 going at the same time when mine was being built. He does test fire everything. Chris stated initially his turn around was about 2 weeks. Mine was closer to about a month, but we did communicate throughout the build. I must say that I am extremely happy with the receiver and the build-I did take it all apart to check the tolerances and such. With op spring and hammer removed, trigger housing locked in place, bolt and op rod easily passed the tilt test in the stock. As a matter of fact, it moves very slickly back and forth. The proof however will be in the range report. I suspect more will be done to accurize as 7.62 only did the assembly for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts