M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to get excited! Just heard from Chris at 7.62 that he received my CMP parts kit and is in the process of building the rifle as we speak. Began life as a Winchester parts set with an excellent TRW bbl. In keeping with the general Winchester theme, the bolt is also a Winchester. 7.62 has been very pleasant to deal with and based on the email from Chris, looks like the service will be quick. I will post pictures and give feedback when I receive the package. Haven't had one of these in my hand since 1970 but loved the ones I had back in the day.DOORGNRWNG

·
Registered
558 Posts
Starting to get excited! Just heard from Chris at 7.62 that he received my CMP parts kit and is in the process of building the rifle as we speak. Began life as a Winchester parts set with an excellent TRW bbl. In keeping with the general Winchester theme, the bolt is also a Winchester. 7.62 has been very pleasant to deal with and based on the email from Chris, looks like the service will be quick. I will post pictures and give feedback when I receive the package. Haven't had one of these in my hand since 1970 but loved the ones I had back in the day.DOORGNRWNG
Excited to hear about it. Post pics and some targets...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very nice, looking forward to your feedback.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I have been seriuusly considering a 7.62 build also now that a lot of their receiver issues are behind them. They appear to be a company on the rise. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I cant wait to hear about and see yours! I too have a build under way and will post pics when it arrives also.
Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent mine this week and they stated they have already begun to assemble. Began process on Vets Day. What a nice surprise. DOORGNRWNG

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Outstanding! I have one LRB receiver left to build, and then plan to do a 7.62MM. Please post pics when you can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing as yet. Had contact with Chris this week and he stated the build is in progress... I have decided to be patient-maybe I will get something extra if I behave myself.....dance2

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine is awaiting test fire...hoperfully I'll have it within the next two or three weeks, just in time for the weather to turn to crud

JMPWNG2

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Well, 7.62 has had my parts since mid July and I'm still patiently waiting...............................................I will post pics and the entire tale once I have the rifle in hand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts