M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was destined to be a decent day no matter what. I took today through Monday off since we are slow and I have a ton of time to burn off. I picked up the future Mrs. Mojo up at the airport and then stepped out for a nice lunch. Belly full, on the way out my phone rang and it was the gunsmith that's had my rifle for 12 months. He wanted to talk final steps and stock weight so that must mean he's getting ready to chamber, assemble, polish and ship. I've been getting pretty itchy to see that thing. Aware that there are shooters and there are riflemen, I instigated this semi-custom build to become the latter. Asking questions, the answers were pretty overwhelmingly 6BR. I bought a complete Savage 16 in LH to keep costs down vs a full-custom ticket.

I ordered it unpainted but primed. I really want to do a deep and shiny, candy cobalt for the stock. My thought was a cobalt-colored Jolly Rancher. Basically I based what I wanted off this build, and it made me consider a Savage as a way to get a stainless LH action and polished: http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/gunweek040/

• Savage M16 LH
  • 6BR Green Mountain barrel 1:8 26"
  • Stockade Stocks Tactical/Varmint w/cheek riser
I'm hoping to square up and get a shipping notice in the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck!!

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Good luck on your project, looking forward to see them tight groups out of that 6BR. The Green Mountain barrels are surprisingly excellent, for their price. I am on my 3rd GM AR barrel, they all shot, the latest one contoured and chambered by a member here, Akajun. This one is stupid precise, there is no bullet it did not like....

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Thousand yard gun, correct? Pretty amazing that "little" case does so well at that range.

Looking forward to seeing your results.

Reactions: Bad Mojo

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, 5 weeks later.. still waiting. But tomorrow is going to be a gun day anyway. I took vacation again so I can hit a new rifle range in Laura, IL. It's about 25 miles west of Peoria. The steel targets start at 400. I just got two pistols this week but all I really want is that 6BR.

Waiting.. patiently... mostly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts