M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea of the value of 250 rounds of 50 cal dummy rounds?
Just opened the original sealed can thats inside a wooden box. The rounds are in individual paper cartons, unsure of how many rounds per carton.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I’ll have to open a pack and see what’s there, and what condition they’re in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I opened 1 carton of the 50 dummy rounds. Cartridges have 3 drilled holes, primer pockets are not open, so I don’t think they’re good for anything but looking at🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
87 Posts
there is a market for them, but not worth even the cost of blanks. Are they USGI or foreign Mfg ? You cou probably get $1/rd pretty easy, I got some just as function dummies for my guns a few years back, 10/box for $10/box....

·
Eye Master
3,807 Posts
Dang! I have 2 cans (200 rounds) of linked .50BMG that I bought decades ago. They have been sitting in my closet, and I just cussed them out last weekend, as I am moving, and I had to carry them down 2 flights of stairs (they were heavier to carry down than they were to carry up 20 years ago). I have not looked at what they are worth. But if dummy rounds are $1 each, these are a lot more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Live 50 ammo value REALLY depends on what it is. "new" ammo can be had for around $2-2.50 per round. Shipping is the bitch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is a market for them, but not worth even the cost of blanks. Are they USGI or foreign Mfg ? You cou probably get $1/rd pretty easy, I got some just as function dummies for my guns a few years back, 10/box for $10/box....
They are US, still in the can inside a wooden box with the caliber and rounds steciled in yellow.
But, I guess they’d only be special to an avid collector, being useless for anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts