M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering picking up one of these mounts. Are they any good? I know they are not a sadlak or smith, lol. However I am not richGI1
Would I have to remove the stripper clip guide to use this mount?
Also, will I be able to mount an Aimpoint M2 on it?

Thanks ya'll!

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,988 Posts
I am considering picking up one of these mounts. Are they any good? Yes,
I know they are not a sadlak or smith, lol. However I am not richGI1
Would I have to remove the stripper clip guide to use this mount? No.
Also, will I be able to mount an Aimpoint M2 on it? I'm not sure about that, someone else will need to post that answer.
Thanks ya'll!
I have had one for nine years now and it works great on my NM rifle. Once I understood how to tighten the thumb screws down correctly, it worked fine. It keeps the zero once it's been reinstalled after a yeary cleaning for me.DI5

Read this posting as well.... http://m14forum.com/accuracy/98102-need-know-basics-type-3-scope-mount.html

· Registered
321 Posts
Buy soft jawed channel lock pliers.

I found that a star lock washer between forward thumb screw and mount and soft jawed pliers to tighten and it works and now stays locked.

I tried various loctight etc and when finger or using a screw driver it would always come loosed.

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,988 Posts
I found that a star lock washer between forward thumb screw and mount and soft jawed pliers to tighten and it works and now stays locked.
Thanks for this info Alpha Wolf, it will be helpful in the future.DI5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.