M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for what seems to be the rarest of all ammo, US made(7.62x51) .308 blanks! I need a dependable steady supply of at least 1,000-1,500 per year for Honor Guard use. No plastic imported junk! NO LONGER LOOKING FOR BLANKS! THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED!

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
308 blanks

Hi! stevegun1! May not work! Dan's blanks are plastic. Hard to polish plastic and not the best to present to the family and place 3 in the flag. Read reports that these plastic blanks do not produce enough pressure and gas to work the action with the blank adapter on! Keepshooting blanks look good but priced high! Nor sure about other sites. The search goes on for US made blanks! Several members have made great offers for small numbers of good blanks but a few hundred or so will not meet out yearly needs. Might have to stick to refurbishing M1's and forget the M1A's ! Rifles need ammo! With the M1's we have no trouble getting dependable ammo! (M1's are great, but the M1A's have the WOW factor and a step up in multiple ways)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone that replied! Looks like Jridings36 tip might just be the site I was looking for! One or two others also look promising! Thanks to ALL! Ken

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
308 blanks

Update to .308 blanks: Looks like my hunt is over. Our Honor Guard voted the changing to the M1A down! I was able to provide the information about buying the rifles, blank adapters and blank ammo to all members, but it was rejected because expense of the rifles, cost of .308 blanks and other concerns about selling our M1's. Thanks to all for your information and help! Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts