M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I am sure this has been asked before. I did search and found a lot of info but not quite what I was looking for.

Ok I am going deer hunting this weekend and currently I can only find 180 gr remignton core lokts. Would normally just use a 150 or 165 gr but I cant find them anywhere. Will the 180 gr cause any adverse effects on my rifle And if so are there any other recommendations on ammo ?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Probably fine but it's not only 180 to use with care, soft tips rounds are not good for it either.

Can you find any polymer tipped rounds?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
A few rounds of 180 Remington should not hurt your M1-A.

I would fire a few to test functioning and the zero.

I have never had any problems with factory hunting 308 ammo in a M1-A, or a 308 M1 Garand. I have had problems with factory hunting ammo in a 30/06 Garand, however.

Also I have never had any problems shooting even pointed lead spitzers in a M1-A or a M1 Garand.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the info guys. I looked for some ballastic tip but being Christmas time and with the already shortage of good ammo.the only thing the two stores had were either fmj or rem core lokts. Not going to shoot a deer with fmj that's just poor sportsmanship

1 - 8 of 8 Posts