M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one they want to sell? I just bought a new criterion barrel and am gonna need a reamer to finish the headspace.

·
Banned
951 Posts
buy or rent

there is a company that rents reamers for most cals, 60.00 for 10 days, brownells sells a kit for 180.00. I just installed a 12 51 barrel in my mixer im muilding, HS perfect and clocked up after 1 torque and retorque, noted in wrapper te was1...long headspace from factory. Install and ck HS...you may luck out. If you do ream buy the brownells set and resell on cmp m1 site....someone listed a 1 time used last week it lasted 7 min before it was sold....130.00 USAF2

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been doing some research and looking around and found Manson and Clymer. On the Brownell's site, their was a comment left about the Clymer reamers chattering. And the Manson reamer is listed for $100. The Clymer reamer is $89.95. I don't know which one to get. These are not pull through reamers. Is one better than the other?

·
Banned
951 Posts
reamer

clymers pull through reamer unless you have a engine lathe. A pull through "kit" uses a shaft you pull the reamer head with ...as it cuts the bolt will begin to cam into battery...stop BEFORE the cam lug touches the rceiver rail.USAF2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts