3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No termite food here

Airedale said:
SR420,
Good looking pics.
Benelli M1?
What slings are those?

I'm a traditional wood stock guy but there is definite cool factor.

Dave
Thanks Dave.

'93 HK/Benelli M1 Super 90
Specter Gear OD CQB sling on the Benelli and a black universal CQB sling on my Scout with an
adjustable OD 2" wide x 3/8" thick EVA foam shoulder pad from the M-249 (SAW) (SOP) Sling

My walnut stock is secure in my safe 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
SR420,

I just came in from a test run on the M1A Loaded. I did the traditional IPSC targets, washing machine, old steel wood stove transitions :D
( I was shooting up with the neighbor at his place. Rural Ky is a bit behind on solid waste disposal)

I have a USPSA match tomorrow. Not a true 3 gun but a pistol w/rifle & shotgun side match. We'll see how it runs in competition.

I suspect your Socom length rifle is more suited for this.

Dave

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Airedale said:
SR420,

I just came in from a test run on the M1A Loaded. I did the traditional IPSC targets, washing machine, old steel wood stove transitions :D
( I was shooting up with the neighbor at his place. Rural Ky is a bit behind on solid waste disposal)

I have a USPSA match tomorrow. Not a true 3 gun but a pistol w/rifle & shotgun side match. We'll see how it runs in competition.

I suspect your Socom length rifle is more suited for this.

Dave
Some of my best shooting has been @ "private - rural" solid waste dumps in IN, VA, SC, GA and the FL everglades

Let us know how todays match went.

·
Registered
137 Posts
SR420,

Ran my S&W 625 in the pistol match. Ran smooth and shot well (for me). Fun run and gun stages.

The model 12 ran like a scalded dog. Steel poppers and plates with stationary and a few clays. I've got to work on my model 12 reloads. The lift gate and I didn't play well.

The rifle course was a short run and gun.
- 4 ISPC targets with ~60% of each covered by no shoots (50 yds),
-then a 30 yd mostly lateral move to box and shoot 2 IPSC,s with ~70% protected by no shoots and 2 8" diameter paper targets,
-then a 40 yard dash forward to 4 IPSC,s with 90% covered by no shoots. These last targets were shot at nearly muzzle range. The .223's were easy on the targets, my M1A rolled them back hard. My buddy's Poly M14 with neutered flash suppressor blew them to pieces! Great fun!

I had two no shoots on the middle stage. I was puffing pretty hard an put two rounds into the white.

There were three M14 types there today. In addition to my buddy, another friend had a M1A Scout which ran well.

Great fun, I may have some pics. I found two decent pics.

Dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.