M14 Forum banner

3-gun

1066 4
Does anyone here shoot three gun matches with a M1A?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I shot three gun, but with an AR, next one I'll try the M1A, it should be better now with the new bolt release, mag changes will be faster and my right hand will not leave the pistolgrip. my club is having a three gun match end of the month, I will use my M1A, my glock22 and hoping that someone will lend me a shotgun to use. it will be a blast.
rooster33

·
Registered
96 Posts
I shoot 3 gun a lot, our IPSC club shoots two guns each month, basic handgun in the am and second gun in the pm, i.e. Revolver, Shotgun & Rifle are rotated through the year. Once a year we have our annual 3 gun match. This has become so popular that we are now shooting a regular 3 gun match on the 3rd Saturday of the month.
I have seen just about everything tried and shot in rifle and the winner is almost always the AR15, like it or not. I have seen a lot of M1A's shot as well as H&K 91's and Gail's etc, the closest I have seen the .308 get is in the FAL format. The muzzel brake works very well and you can tune down the gas system to a load the just makes major and still function 100%.
I have tought about shooting my M1A every now and then just to see how I'd do, but I bring the AR and try to win. I'll shoot the M1A in high power and from the bench. If you have the itch, then by all means scratch it.

Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shoot an AR, an 1100 with ten shot pipe and a tuned government model but I am thinking that since winning isn't that important to me to begin with, I;m gonna sacrifice the one-hand reloads and shoot the baby, heck...I might even switch to the 97 and a wheel gun just for kicks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.