M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gents,
I just got a Spector 2 point sling and have been getting familiar with the set up this afternoon. I'm working with a Condor chest rig, and after a few min of not so harsh handling/movement, I noticed some scratches appearing where the weapon rests across my chest and makes contact with the vest. Any ideas on how to protect this area by modifying the vest or things I can do to protect the wood stock? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
If you're worried about scratches, switch to a USGI fiberglass.

Wood stocks get scratches, dings, and dents, it's a fact of life. That's why you very rarely find a USGI stock without them. (Atleast any that were issued) But hey, it adds character.

Reactions: pitbulz21

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Hey Gents,
I just got a Spector 2 point sling and have been getting familiar with the set up this afternoon. I'm working with a Condor chest rig, and after a few min of not so harsh handling/movement, I noticed some scratches appearing where the weapon rests across my chest and makes contact with the vest. Any ideas on how to protect this area by modifying the vest or things I can do to protect the wood stock? Thanks!
Not familiar with the Condor Chest Rig, but it looks like some sharp metal part has caused that scratch. Maybe that offending part can be covered with some duct tape??? dozier

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Duct and black electrician's tape are your friends! Any metal or plastic buckles, snaps, etc. need covering to prevent scratches, dents and gouges. Suggest you use a good, high quality brands, 3M is good.

Or you can just carry on and add character to your stock: "Yeah, looks like this stock fought in the woods of Ft Dix (insert location) "! In this case, BLO or Tung oil is your friend. Apply a light coat every 2-3 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts