M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wideners has IMI M855, 62 grain, 5.56x45, Boxer, NC, bullet will attract magnet. $346.oo for 1200 rounds. 29 cents per round. Any reason why I shouldn't buy 2 cases of this?USN3

·
Registered
322 Posts
Seems reasonable. If I'm not mistaken Sportsmen's Guide has Lake City .223 for about 33 cents a round.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Johnnycat, not to jump on your post, but

I don't trust SG. They tried to sell a "M1/M14 Operating Rod" and I get their catalogs and they misidentify some things. Some of their descriptions are seemingly written by 14 year old girls. They seem to have no clue to the difference between Boxer and Berdan. Widener's on the other hand knows guns and ammo, and their descriptions are written by knowledgable people. Their website is on my 'favorite' bar. dave

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I don't trust SG. They tried to sell a "M1/M14 Operating Rod" and I get their catalogs and they misidentify some things. Some of their descriptions are seemingly written by 14 year old girls. They seem to have no clue to the difference between Boxer and Berdan. Widener's on the other hand knows guns and ammo, and their descriptions are written by knowledgable people. Their website is on my 'favorite' bar. dave

Yes, you do have to be wary when buying from SG. They do list a lot as USGI that I would question. A lot of thier Pics seem to be generic, so what you see pictured is not always what you are buying. If any doubts come to mind when you are looking at the sd, pass on the item. As to the ammo, it's cheaper at Weidners anyway. dozier

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.