M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam looking for a little/a lot of input on a .22 bolt action rifle. Iam looking really hard at purchasing a Savage Mark II BRF. Any and all comments/choices appreciated.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
2 others that come quickly to mind for that amount are 2 [Two] Ruger American bolt 22's or 1 of the CZ 450 series Bolt action rifles and have some change left over. The Ruger is less expensive , from what I've seen they're a good bargain ,accurate, well made, and use the 10/22 mags. The CZ 450 series is an outstanding rifle for the money , the fit and finish I've seen is 1st class, the ones I've shot are very accurate. Both the Ruger and the CZ have nice adj. triggers. I've heard some good things about the Savage but I haven't much experience shooting one . Hope that info helps, I like bolt 22's also, my current favorite is a Remington 521T built in 1965 It's essentially a 513T with a sporter weight barrel.

Reactions: racer

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I recently bought the Savage Mk II FV for our low-budget benchrest shooting match out here. It is popular on the line, and a frequent winner.

I liked it so much, I bought the Mk II FVSR, also. This has the shorter threaded barrel and the heavy bolt handle, and a rail instead of just rear and forward mounts. My Gem-Tech suppressor lives on this rifle now.

I like.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I own a Savage Mark II TR, and it's a great little shooter. My favorite .22 bolt gun is my CZ 455 VPT. Well above the price range you stated, but some of the other models in the 455 line are in your price range. Out of the box, it is the best shooting .22 I've ever owned. The 455 American combo comes in under $600, and comes with .22lr and .17HMR barrel sets.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Remington 541T, shots great, great trigger, wooden stock, heavy barrel, mine is a tac driver. Looks a lot like the CZ542
I have owned both a 541-S and a 541-T- HB , both were among the best and most accurate 22's I've ever owned, But your very unlikely to find one for $500/$600 lately. ask me why I know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Buy a CZ. You won't regret it.

What you WILL regret, is if you're ever an idiot kid and sell your 452 Ultra Lux.... so you can buy an AK. Thank God I grew up, because that was possibly the STUPIDEST thing I've ever done.

I love steel and wood like my m1a. The cz452 series is fantastic quality and shooters for value. I got 5 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I vote for the savage, great rifles......wish I had a bolt action, maybe that would save me some of that incredibly hard to find and over priced .22 ammo.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don't forget Marlin, they make a good 22 rifle product line. I've a Marlin 880 SQ that is my goto 22 rifle.

When looking at price also include extras like mags. They can be pricey or hard to find from some manufacturers. You may find a less expensive rifle and be able to install a great optic for your price range.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts