M14 Forum banner

2004 postal shoot final two teams have been picked....

1045 12
I've decided that due to the fact that there are only ten that there will be two teams of five....This way no-one gets left out. I have made the teams as close as humanely :wink: possible so don't shoot the judge.... save yer rounds for the targets.

Red Team

Squid
Lawcop
M1A Scoutguy
MsgtMaze
Bkennedy

Blue Team

Dighawaii
RayGun
TEA
Thomjb
Glockshot

Now here's the deal.... everyone submits one plain paper target (8 1/2 X 11) with a quarter sized dot in the center. This can be hand drawn w/ a quarter and filling in the center.... :wink:

just kidding.... 8O please make a 3" center dot with the color of your choosing as long as it's 3"

Also please draw a single line from the corners forming an x to find center. It is crucial for the team competition that all targets are the same.

Total shots in target are 6 with the closest 5 to the center being counted. The sixth shot is for tiebreaking purposes if needed.

Targets must be postmarked by 15 September (this year :wink: ) no exceptions. You don't want to be the one responsible for your teams losing by not submitting your target on time.

Winning team will be picked by adding the total group sizes and dividing by five to come up with an average group size.

The prize for the winning team has not been decided on as yet but will be in addition to the ball cap that you've all qualified for at this point.

Shooters must use the same rifle that they shot for qualifications.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
good thing theres a show coming up in 2 weelks,need to stock up on more aussie ammo..got to do better in the real thing now....
welcome to the blue team tom......should be fun..glock..

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hmmm, a 3" center is pretty small. I'm not sure if I could even pick that out at 100yds. How about an SR-1 cut down to 8x11? Someone had a link a couple of weeks ago to a place on the web where we could print one off the web. That may even make it even more even, if you specify a specific target for us to print off the web, since we all obviously have internet access. ;)

PS - GO BLUE TEAM!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Yipeeeee!!!

I was just thinkin about the teams at work today and how they were going to be and who would be on them,,and I come home from work tonight and my dream has been awnsered,,, :lol: :lol: .Well this is pretty cool,,,I actualy haven't shot that much since I mailed my target,but it L(.)(.)KS like I better get back at it!! I'm sure it will be a ferice and challengeing compation,going right down to the last thousandth of a inch!!! :lol: .But it will be fun with out a doubt!!! I'll see if my Daughter can make up my target on the PC,,she is great with all that stuff,,BUT if someone has a link to a site or a page that has them,let me know. Well I'm off to surf the web for a target,,I'll keep ya posted,,good luck to everyone,,Talk later guys,,LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
11,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok....did a search on the SR-1 target and found a pdf printable one.....you'll need Acrobat reader.....

I printed one using it and it came out fine....

SR-1 Target

let me know how it prints for you as we want everyones target to be the same.....make sure when you print it you have the size at 8 1/2 X 11

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hawk,
I printed the SR-1 Target you linked to and it came out fine. However it's 9 ring is six inches 8O . It's got a three inch 10 ring? Are we abandoning the three inche max?

Greg

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Hawk,

The SR-1 in .pdf shows up fine and will print with no problem! And I don't know about the others, but man, my old eyes might have a hard time seeing a 3" aiming point... 8O So, this SR-1 is a might more "friendly" to me... but I will play with whatever the rules say... :lol:

I was sure I would be relegated to "admin" duties or just "pulling butts" :lol: so, I was happy to end up on any team... :lol:

Aloha and just checking in!

Tom O.

·
Banned
11,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as long as everyone can print the target properly we will go with the SR-1.... give you guys without the eyes of a Hawk :wink: a little more black to lose your front sight in :roll:

·
Eye Master
4,273 Posts
Virtual match league

I don't have an M-1A, yet. I bought all the parts from Fulton at Perry. I've got a Krieger barrel lined up, and will order an LRB lugged reciever after the AWB sunsets (evidently there are some legal quirks, so pre-sunset stuff does not just become 'legal' after expiration, but then again, I got that from a non-lawyer type, so who knows). I'll buy a big red stock, and try my first ever bedding job on that. Count on me for next spring. Anyhow, on to the real subject.

Could we start a virtual monthly match? If we have the standard SR-1 target on line, and can rely on people's honesty in reporting scores, could we come up with a set of rules that would put everyone on an even footing at 100 yds? 6 shots offhand slow fire in 6 minutes, 5 count, no additional sighters (ie you show up at the range and shoot this target first - no fair shooting 3 targets and picking your best) is one possibility, though personally, I like 10 shots for record, as it makes your score out of 100. Getting to pick the best 10 out of 11 is also nice, it saves having to walk back down to your target and mark the sighter while other shooters are waiting to use the range.

Scores could be e-mailed to the moderator (not posted - that would create a mess of posts), and the moderator could post monthly score summaries. (Sorry about volunteering the moderator for more work).

If this were really popular, you could have an M-1A match, and a Garand match, though you could go crazy with varyations ...

After all, ther reason we surf this web site is that we enjoy shooting, not just talking about it.

Art

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.