M14 Forum banner

2002 International Sniper Competition

1465 3
Stumbled across a site last night with many great pics from the 2002 International Sniper Competition, thought some of you might like to see. In the first pic on day four there is an M14.

Best Regards, T
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dont remeber if it was the 2002 competition, but they showed an international sniper competition on the Outdoor Life Network a few weeks back. Better than that Rangers program thats on all the time. It was hosted by Oliver North I believe, but I'm not sure. It was quite a show, these stills give you a little taste. Nice job finding the site.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe I found the link on arfcom.

I enjoy the sniper stuff; long-range is where it’s at, lots of fun. Since I moved to Oregon from Arizona there isn’t any real good distance shooting here locally, I’m going to have to drive a few hours to get up into the open desert. In Arizona I had my M1A to 690 yards on a 12x12 inch steel plate. I recently bought a Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag and want to get it going quite a bit further. I’ve always had a fascination with the Billy Dixon line; 1540 yards. The 308 isn’t going to get that done but I was hoping the 300 might. If not it’s a great excuse for a 338 Lapua.

Best Regards, T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.