M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new M1A owner and I was checking out 20 round mags. on CTD's website. The SA mags are $55 and CTD has decent looking mags. for $17

Any words of wisdom would be appricated.

(I did use a M14 in 1989 in the Persian Gulf curtesy of the U.S. Navy and the mags worked just fine)NAV1

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I don't trust CTD for much... and I live not 10 miles from their store, you get what you pay for. Go to 44MAG.com and get some CMI's. GI1

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Sa mags for $55 way too much
CTD mags $17 way to cheap( if it seems to good to be true It Is) Besides They are on my Never Ever Patronize List
44 mag.com CMI mags $25-$27 Best you can get

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Im a new M1A owner and I was checking out 20 round mags. on CTD's website. The SA mags are $55 and CTD has decent looking mags. for $17

(I did use a M14 in 1989 in the Persian Gulf curtesy of the U.S. Navy and the mags worked just fine)NAV1
The SA mags are made by CMI, with the only possible difference being a stamped emblem, if they even go to that trouble. Save yourself about $30 a mag and buy CMI mags from 44mag like the other guys suggested.

What ever you do, don't buy any other mags except CMI or verified old school USGI mags, or you will regret it.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

I went to 44mag about 3 weeks ago and got 2 CMI 20round stainless steel mags for $52. It's free shipping too. If you get the parkerized it will be $44.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Cmi

A couple of years ago I got in on a "group buy" with other members of this forum. We ended up with genuine, high quality, CMI magazines for about the same price as the junk from CTD.

Go for the CMI mags and never look back.

Rich

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Since no one mentioned it, go to 44mag and buy CMI magazines. You won't regret it GI2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts