M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd introduce myself. The first and only time I held/fired a M14 was in basic training at Fort Jackson circa 1963. It handled quite nicely and somehow I managed to make sharpshooter with it. (I think someone else was hitting my targets). Never saw or held one since that time. I do have several Garands and 1903's, but now I'm looking into a M14 or I should say M1a. Hopefully, I'll find some when I drive up to Camp Perry for a look see..

·
Administrator
17,179 Posts
Welcome on board twinsen2a, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the welcomes..now I just have to decide on which M1a to buy. I expect to be only firing at paper targets with open sights. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I would browse the classifieds here for a start

Reactions: MuppetMeat4Me

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.
As far as which one to get, try a Scout Squad, a Loaded, or a Nat'l Match. I recommend any one or all three.
Then shoot and enjoy.

ranger7gt

1 - 20 of 32 Posts