M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory standard model with mostly USGI parts. H&R chrome lined barrel and trigger housing. Winchester OpRod and hammer. TRW bolt. Not sure of the other small parts. USGI fiberglass stock (brown). Minty. Will post pictures in a day or so.

Looking for an equally high quality M1A with 16" barrel. Receiver must be stamped M1A, M21, M25 or T44E4. Nothing with M14 on it.

Yes, I know I can rebarrel this one, but why butcher a nice factory rifle just to beat the hell out of it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
"Yes, I know I can rebarrel this one, but why butcher a nice factory rifle just to beat the hell out of it"

Bingo. Please, please don't change that barrel. Change your "For Trade" sign to "For Sale".

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was able to get some pics while I still had some daylight. All parts are minty, any shine is oil. The trigger group is covered with cosmoline. Barrel, front band and trigger housing are H&R. Oprod and hammer are Winchester. Bolt is TRW. Windage is Wright, elevation is WCE meters. There is no cast line under the flash suppressor, so I assumed it is forged with the lug milled off. Throat erosion is still a Zero. Enjoy the slideshow: http://s37.photobucket.com/user/Stutzen/slideshow/1996M1A?sort=2

The stock USGI fiberglass. Outside is earth colored paint. Inside is bare fiberglass with green epoxy. New canvas sling. Buttplate is polymer. Only finish wear is where the ferrule contacts the front band. Slideshow:
http://s37.photobucket.com/user/Stutzen/slideshow/1996M1A/FiberglassStock?sort=2

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
very handsome original rifle! I understand why you want to keep it intact. best of luck on your trade!

·
Registered
9 Posts
ALL M1A's are PARTS rifles....ALL constructed of misc GI and aftermarket semi-auto receivers....as such are not collectible for being ORIGINAL as when they were full auto/new from the factory. So why all the sentiment about changing a so called ORIGINAL FACTORY rifle (hashed together parts gun ??)....Would you consider a rebarrel job after wearing out the one that came on it from SAI "BUTCHERING" ?????? Do what you need to accommodate what it is that you are trying to accomplish and never look back, just sayin'.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts