M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1988 super match as confirmed by SAI and it has all of the goodies it should including the McMillan glass stock. The only question I have is regarding the rear sight. It is not marked NM but it does have the hooded aperture. Is this correct?

I have three M1A's and previously owned a TRW M14 that came to Canada by way of Israel. I regret selling that one. Fortunately I retained that category on my license and I'll find another. These rifles are great.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My SA Super Match does not have NM markings on the hooded sight housing nor anywhere else come to think of it. My M1A is all original with the first barrel still on it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Confession is good for the soul so you have already taken the first step in atoning for selling the TRW M14. As for the sight I think some of the rear sights are marked on the bottom and can only be seen when it is removed from the receiver. I'm sure one of the experts will let you know more soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My SA Super Match does not have NM markings on the hooded sight housing nor anywhere else come to think of it. My M1A is all original with the first barrel still on it.
My front sight is marked. I also have the original barrel. Purchased from original owner. His round count, 1200.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Confession is good for the soul so you have already taken the first step in atoning for selling the TRW M14. As for the sight I think some of the rear sights are marked on the bottom and can only be seen when it is removed from the receiver. I'm sure one of the experts will let you know more soon.
Yes and imagine that these rifles were not prohibited (grandfathered) as they are now or even restricted when I owned mine pre 98. Those were good times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts