M14 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
The earliest National Match (I know of) that SAI said was a Geneseo build was a 118k from 1999.

However, everything about this rifle was textbook Nelson (see pics below). He clearly had trained the armorer who built the rifle. My 2005 NM does not have any such resemblance.

For the record, while Mr. Nelson was on the SAI books until 2004, I do not believe he was building rifles during the latter years. I suspect he was providing technical assistance, training, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Range Day!

Entered my first ever dirty bird with the Nelson. Subsequently the first day out with her as well. It was super windy and I had to use two different rounds because I ran out before my ten shot string was up.

She shoots directly low. The target may load sideways but I think it’s isn’t too bad for a 30+ year bed job!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Outside with the garage door open and I can see the “8” on the heel. Thx again for the info!
Yep, I can see it in the first picture of the receiver heel you posted.
Nice rifle.

She doesn't shoot center low, you need to click the rear sight up one or 2 clicks. If you would have your score would have included a lot of Xs and 10s.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts