M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Nice rifle! Check the barrel and see the number of grooves and if there are any markings.

I recently picked up an S.A. in the 35k range. It had a commercial flash hider but GI bolt, barrel, op-rod and trigger group.

Reactions: richsbk

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Really nice you got a USGI Rear sight USGI Bolt USGI Front sight USGI stock, And the SA marked OP Rod I am sure that is USGI. I don't think that is SAI but I could be wrong someone who knows will chime in on that one. Same for the TG I would say it is USGI But I am not sure. I get the SA and SAI Markings confused...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Both the op-rod and the trigger housing including the hammer are M14 rifle USGI Springfield Armory. Barrel should be SAI 1 in 11 inch twist with 6 lands and groves .
Front sight is SAI commercial that is taller than a standard USGI front sight-this is the correct front sight for a bush.
I'll bet the elevation knob is marked SA.

Nice rifle, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great Site!

I have just got to take a moment and say this is my first m1a, I have been a longtime fan of the .45acp, pistols and rifles.
This site and community is by far the most helpful and just plain cool, I am on it daily and thanks for making people feel welcome!

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
If you look on the FH where the lug would be, you should see marks from when the lug was ground off. They didn't spend a whole lot of time polishing them out before re-parkerinzing.

The front sight is commercial, being the proper height for a 18" barrel. I have a '95 Bush rifle that left the factory with nearly all H&R parts.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
A very nice rifle richsbk . My best friend has the twin sister to your rifle, his is an 88' model.

Reactions: richsbk

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,200 Posts
Nice rifle, My first M1A was Bushmaster with the factory folding stock, the Serial # was in the 0,810,000 range. I don't remember what parts it had.
I had to sell it to pay some bills.

Casey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts