M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Shot M21s in the 1980s and have the itch to get an
M1A. Local dealer has a new in the box 1980s era M1A super match with camouflage stock. Has all the paperwork and it looks new. I can get it for $2,400.00.

Any thoughts on the price?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rich

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
If it's the Mcmillian camo stock, its a great deal. I suppose you could hold out for a SAI M21 model if that's what you used, but I would recommend just jumping on this one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The M21s assigned to my unit had the standard stock without an adjustable check piece/stock weld. The new civilian variant has that and I don't care for it.

I will head down to the store again tonight and get the serial #

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
714 Posts
Look like this?

2002 SAI Supermatch, I'm its' 3rd owner and it runs like a swiss watch.
If you have a true 1980's NIB Supermatch..it should run very nicely. It's probably a Glenn Nelson gun and should be well worth the money if it's an original "just outta the box" real-deal.
+1 for double check with SAI, they'll probably send you an operators manual and possibly even discount coupons as the owner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went back to the store and got the serial #, its 0490XX and appears to be a 1980s gun. I sent an e-mail to SA with some more detailed info. Box has all the manuals inside and the exterior of the box has all the right boxes checked. I'm 95% certain I will walk in the store tomorrow, buy it, then shoot it tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
You have to CALL Springfield, They will NOT answer your email. Ask me how I know. If the box has all right checks you should be GTG.
0490xx was made in 1989--good year should have lots of USGI parts.
If you don't buy it let me know were the store is so I can.( I asked first)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Buy it or tell me where I can buy it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
BUY IT!!!! Great deal on a Super, especially the early ones. You won't loose money on this. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Very nice, when I first got my rifle, my iron sight groups were horrendous compared to my scoped groups. I bet she'll be a tack driver with the scope.

·
Registered
29 Posts
:ARM11: I'm jealous!! What a great rifle. Range report w/ pics! NOW! DISHOUT
I kinda wish I would've bought a Super Match rather than the one I have now. Only one solution to that I guess.....GI2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.