M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What I have here is a vintage Marlin 1894 44 magnum carbine lever action. It's not in perfect condition as the bluing is thin/thinning with some very light pitting in the metal. The previous owner told me that it was his truck gun for many years so that would explain the finish, but the wood is absolutely immaculate!! If there's a ding in it I can't find it. It has a satiny smooth hand-rubbed oil finish that has a beautiful sheen. The action is very smooth and lightening fast and she has proved to be very accurate in my hands. The only "issue" is that the magazine spring will need to be replaced as it used to be fully loaded for extended periods as a truck gun so there may be feeding issues if the lever is actuated slowly, but doing it quick has been trouble free. When I put a spacer in the magazine tube I didn't have ANY feeding issues, so IMO a new magazine spring will clear up any feeding issues. Lastly, this carbine pre-dates the stupid hammer block safety so obviously the only safety is resting the hammer in the half **** notch which is right where God intended to be.

These older rifles & carbines (JM stamped) have really gone up in value and those in immaculate condition have been regulated to mostly safe queen status but this one is a perfect candidate as the perfect woods deer/pig hunting carbine or even returned back to truck gun duty. With average prices for these going for north of a grand I think that 750.00 SHIPPED is a pretty good deal and I accept either discreet PayPal gift or USPS Money Order as payment (originally 800.00 + shipping). What you see is what you get and the pictures were taken this morning so they are current.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The pictures are working just fine...are you using the tapatalk app or are you looking at it through a web browser?
I was looking at it through web browser. Funny though, I can not see pics from my work computer but they show up on home computer

both with web browser. Nice rifle, good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump for last price drop...if she doesn't sell at this price then I'll keep her and sell something else.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to bump this ad and knock 100.00 off the price and make it 650.00 SHIPPED.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts