M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It certainly doesn't match any of the sights on my M1917's or my P-14's or any replacements. It looks very Khyber Pass made to me. Can you post more pictures of the markings on the rifle. Post pictures of the area under the rear sight with it raised. The receiver looks like it was cast. If so this could be dangerous to shoot.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
At first I thought it was a BAR sight as they were windage adjustable , but maybe it's for a MG given the elevation range.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a regular 1917 sight I am going to put on it. The hole is half the size of a regular 1917 sight so I bet it is after market. Much more precise. About the size of a match Garand size hole.

·
Super Moderator
11,827 Posts
The best rear windage adj rear sight for the M1917 was from a 1919a4 Browning MG it takes a little machine work too be done but it looks like a factory job when completed. If there is a down side the windage knob is on the left ear of the receiver. Another big plus is that the sight graduations are for M1 ball.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,422 Posts
If you need a sight I may have one for you, the 2 on the left are R [Remington] marked, they came off of a couple of P14 DP actions I bought years ago. the one on the far right is unmarked and only graduated to 600 yds so I think it may be off a Lyman TSMG sight, it also has a open fixed sight, the slider is marked E [Eddystone]. The second from the right is shorter and graduated to 1600 yds and is E marked both slider and sight
Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Rectangle Motor vehicle

eQ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts