M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I got one of those RIA 1911A1s and went to work on it.....not that it was bad the way it was..... But I put a beavertail grip in it as well as some other little goodies such as, solid guide, heavier guide spring, 3.5# trigger, extended slide release, and a commander hammer. I like the feel of it.....how does it shoot? better than me :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I've seen them for sale and always thought they are pretty good priced. If they shoot as well as the SA and Kimbers, it's a steal.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
THats for sure Geo ...

Them Rock Islands are priced exceptionally well for what they offer ... :wink:

Gave thought at one time to going with one myself ...

Six

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wdigeorge said:
I've seen them for sale and always thought they are pretty good priced. If they shoot as well as the SA and Kimbers, it's a steal.
I've never shot the SA or the Kimbers so I couldn't compare. :( However the price difference even with the extra work I put into it is still quite a bit :D

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Hawk,

Did you do your own trigger work or did you buy a hammer/sear set already mated? 3.5# is an awfully light trigger... 8O

What kind of sights did you put on her? Adjustable or fixed? Hey, got any pictures? :lol:

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Tom.....posted a pic in the pics thread. I purchased a drop in kit which literally dropped right in. :roll:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hawk,

Which kit(s) did you use. I just picked up a SA Mill Spec and I am considering doing the same. Ambi Safety, Beaver Tail, Commander hammer, full length guide rod and possibly a Wilson speed shute magwell and MSH. I am also looking for something to replace these three dot sights. Something that will not require milling out the dove tail. I hope to do this project w/o a file - just drop in and go. Thanks in advance.

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts