M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
That round kinda resembles a 357sig ... :?

Yeah? .. No? .. Maybe?

Six

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Six, it is bigger than a 357 sig. The bottom of the brass is stamped 308win. I am not a bullet maker but I assumed the brass was a cut down 308 round and necked down to 357. Or the brass was made on 308 die and necked to a 357. I will have to check to see if I still have a box of 357sig rounds laying around. If I do I will put the two together and click a picture for size comparison

·
Rest in peace
1,399 Posts
I think that the caliber is .475 Wildey. There was a pistol by that name also. These are huge weapons, like a double size 1911. They were originally produced in .357 Magnum caliber, the revolver .357 Magnum. :D

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Six wrote:
That round kinda resembles a 357sig ...

Yeah? .. No? .. Maybe?
Six the round on the right is a Sig 357 the one on the left is the .357/45

·
Registered
846 Posts
so this round is similar to 45 win mag but necked down to 357.

·
Registered
846 Posts
wow steve you must have the only one. it's not even in cartridges of the world 9th edition. you need to write them about a few of your rare cailbers.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I’ve heard mention of a similar round before, never seen one and I have never even heard of a long slide LAR, that’s really cool.

JR mentioned the Wildey, I had one years ago in 45 Win Mag, that thing was a piece of junk, never worked right. The LAR I’ve had the opportunity to shoot all seem to do just fine, burn you eyebrows off but that’s to be expected.

What kind of loads are you using and how fast are they going? Looks like a real fun pistol.

Best regards, T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts