M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be general agreement that Checkmate makes some of the best M1A Magazine.... I am in need of some 1911 Mags and what to know what you guys think of know about Checkmates 1911 mags

Thanks

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Never tried the CMI brand 1911 mags, but they are probably worth a look given the quality of their M1A mags.

Currently I like and use Wilson Combat 8 rd. mags. Brownell's has them on sale right now, and I bought five yesterday. They always work, are well built, and tough.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Never tried the CMI brand 1911 mags, but they are probably worth a look given the quality of their M1A mags.

Currently I like and use Wilson Combat 8 rd. mags. Brownell's has them on sale right now, and I bought five yesterday. They always work, are well built, and tough.
I also use the Wilson Combat 1911 mags and have never had any issues with them at all in any of my 1911s. Now I'll have to go check out that sale, can't never have too many magazines ya know.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've used Wilson mags for over 20 years with no problems. Never used CMI 1911 mags, but have been interested in them also. I bought 6 more Wilson 8 round mags from Brownells with their current special.

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
CMP has GI 1911 mags

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Check-mates are GTG , but I prefer Chip McCormick Shooting Stars for carry and match. Great reliable mags in stainless or blue. Mec-Gar are also very high quality mags are a fair price.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Chip McCormicks have been good for me. I have about 7 shooting stars and 5 power + 10 rounders. The checkmate 8 rounders with removable base, hybrid lips and diimpled followers are often recommended for a "if your 1911 won't run on these there's something wrong" mag.

I use a few for range mags on multiple 1911s with zero issues.

http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/i...s-steel-hybrid-with-removable-base&Itemid=298

you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You may also want to check on joe's mag mania as I believe these are chip McCormick "seconds" that work great at a good price. I use these for range mags and use the Wilsons for carry use.

G

·
I run ACT mags with Wolff xtra power springs. Never a problem, I have 10 of them and are my EDC mag. I do not like Wilsons, the poly follower I just don't like that feature. I think that they're overpriced for what they are. I have a few in .38 super though that do work fine.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Never tried CMI mags. Own a Colt, Kimber, STI 45 acp,( exception STI ) had problems with their mags, switched to Wilson Combat 20 yrs ago, solved my problems. Sure they cost more but the best cost and reliable

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
The three CMC Shooting Star mags I bought turned my dead nuts reliable 1911 into a certified jam-o-matic. I replaced the CMC followers with Wilson followers, and all was right with the world again. YMMV.

Reactions: yoteman

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Chip McCormick and Wilson Combat both in 8rd. stainless for 20 years at least. -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

G

·
Wilsons turned my 10mm in to a 3 point jam pistol. Returned them to brownells and bought a Tripp.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I haven't used CMI mags but run Tripp and older Pachmayr mags in my Colt Govt. 45's and Colt 9mm Commander and can recommend them. If I were to buy any more Tripp would be my choice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
"The three CMC Shooting Star mags I bought turned my dead nuts reliable 1911 into a certified jam-o-matic. I replaced the CMC followers with Wilson followers, and all was right with the world again. YMMV"

Agree, the 2 shooting star mags I bought last year consistently failed to feed and locked the slide back with rounds left in both of my 1911's

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I haven't used CMI mags but run Tripp and older Pachmayr mags in my Colt Govt. 45's and Colt 9mm Commander and can recommend them. If I were to buy any more Tripp would be my choice.

The highly touted Pachmayr mags , the first stainless mags that reliably fed SWC and HP were made by Mec-Gar. The early ones were marked Made in Italy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.