M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I'm working on a deal to get real GI M1907 leather slings from one of the government contractors. I've been informed that they are MRT marked and dated. I don't know the final cost just yet, but it appears to be quite reasonable. Keep an eye on the PX. It will probably be a month before it gets posted.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Before you dive in head first you might want to post some pictures. There are a lot of fakes out there claiming to be from Govt. contractors. I got one that was supposed to be legit but it smelled like a dead cow so bad that even in the garage you could smell it in the house.PEODGIF

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I doubt you'll get any older dates from the early 200X to the late 200X, but if by chance you do, that's something I'm definitely looking for. (I spent much of 2018 periodically checking eBay ads for an early 1990s dated MRT sling to no avail...but I digress)

On edit: Adding picture of USGI MRT dated sling in bag. Lots of fakes out there, but I was able to buy a 2007 & 2008 dated USGI on eBay a few years ago.
Only downside was that the one of the metal 'frogs' on both slings had "leached" or otherwise slightly stained a brown spot on the leather where the metal frog had rested up against the sling within the bag for who knows how long. I suspect excessive humidity, or too much oil on the metal caused the leeching. Anyhow, they were USGI slings for $35 each. Just an fyi in case the NSN number is needed to identify relatively current production USGI 1907 slings.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what the date marking is right now, but I will post it with pictures when I receive the slings. These are the real deal and late production.

·
Registered
285 Posts
would be nice ,I have early ww1 straps on mine but would love some new ones to replace what the dcm sent ,and what the cmp does not include

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The manufacturer has informed me that they will be shipping in a couple of weeks. If these work out as expected I will order more.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sounds like a deal. I would definitely buy a couple. Thanks Ted.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So, I have received my sling order. Overall the slings look pretty good. Unfortunately the keepers were not stitched to government specs. The hardware is very good. They are marked MRT 10-09. If anyone is interested in buying any, please PM me. I will be listing them in the PX.

Great news... The manufacturer has followed through with their promise to supply proper GI keepers and all who purchased slings will receive replacements. New purchasers will also receive the GI keepers with their slings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts