M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope this is the right sub-forum, so here goes. Interested in opinions of that match up. Want to get a carbine built up, and can't decide between the two. Would like to know opinions of the Wolfe especially, as I can't find too many reviews of that specific barrel. Which chamber, the modified Obermeyer, or reamed to accept a wider range of ammo? Also, does anyone have that barrel and use an Ultimak rail? I know the Wolfe weighs about .4 of a pound more, and that it's melonited. I'm aware that Criterion barrels are also well-made and give reliable accuracy. Not looking for a match build, this'll be my go-to rifle, a Walter Mitty build, if you will. Thank you, and drive thru.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Wmsw

The delay is my fault. I've been away for a minute; but I'll be shipping all the orders starting next week.

I appreciate your interest in the barrels. I have personally field tested 3 barrels on three separate receivers and the results are very good. Much better than I anticipated. The profile is absolutely perfect for an all around rifle. The latest build went on a match rifle. It was very accurate and consistency was excellent.

There should be no more waiting as I'll be on HBL for 17 days.

Thanks to all those who have been so patient.

If the rifle will be used strictly for match shooting, and/or carefully measured reloads, the original MOD-Ob will be fine. If you are going to be using various types of ammunition, then I'd go with our newest reamer protocol, which is the Wolfe-118LR. A print is attached.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
If I can't locate a NOS usgi SA barrel or at least one that is in like new condition, then I will probably go with one of these Wolfe Modified standard awesome barrels. Choosing a chamber ream will be tough for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts