M14 Forum banner

147 - 150g Pull Down Pills

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gb2814 
#1 ·
I took a chance and bought 500 new IVI .308/7.62 cases from Scharch. When I inspected them, I found that the flash hole was punched slightly off center. Live & learn.

I'm not gonna let these go to waste, so I have decided to go ahead and load them up, put them in a can and keep them as a stash of go boom stuff. I'm not gonna use 168 SMK's which is what I would typically do.

Any ideas where I can find a decent price on 147-150g pull downs? I'm looking for 500 of them. Maybe even something new that won't break the bank.

Thanks,

Ole Silver

#3 ·
I took a chance and bought 500 new IVI .308/7.62 cases from Scharch. When I inspected them, I found that the flash hole was punched slightly off center. Live & learn.

I'm not gonna let these go to waste, so I have decided to go ahead and load them up, put them in a can and keep them as a stash of go boom stuff. I'm not gonna use 168 SMK's which is what I would typically do.

Ole Silver
I got the Scharch's IVI brass last year. They have a good thick web, but the neck wall thickness is less than NATO brass. I re-round the necks, you will need a flash hole reamer to clear the burrs on the inside of the case. And then uniform the primer depth. Don't worry about the flash holes being off center, I have not had any problem with that. I just finished case prepping fifty for next weekend.
With the thinner neck walls, I only load them three times. I did test them to four firings, but I am just playing it safe.

Glenn

#4 ·
IVI Brass

Thanks Glenn,

Ive already deburred the flash holes & prepped the primer pockets. The flash holes were a b-tch. Just getting the cutter started inside was a pain.

Thanks for the other info on case neck thickness. I'll just hold mine to three loads based on that.

The case headspace is very consistent at 1.625 but I just wish it was a little longer. My M1A is at 1.6315 and I usually size to 1.628-30. I guess I'll just have to stretch them out on a target.

I did find new milspec 168g HPBT match bullets at Wideners for $95.00/500 plus shipping & got them ordered.

Thanks again for the info. It is very much appreciated.

Ole Silver

#6 ·
Ive got some

Brassmanbrass has the 147gr LC pull downs. I load them for cheap plinking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.