M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I hate to be melodramatic, but I'm an investigative reporter named Jack Burns. There's a guy facing death row who claims he's innocent. The bullet taken from the deceased had a microstamp on the base of the bullet, opposite from the tip. It was marked 14-8385 JU. One of you, my brothers, tagged this post with the 14-8385 JU marking and I need to know what you know about this bullet, its caliber, and its manufacturer. It may help a guy get off of Death Row for a crime he may not have committed. If you have one of these bullets and can take a picture of it and tell me why it couldn't be any other caliber than the one you believe it to be, that would help too. And yes, I'm a gun nut! I own one beloved Springfield XD9 Tactical which is a tack driver...and a whole host of other unmentionables.
Sincerely,
Jack Burns

·
Administrator
17,750 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the forum XXIV Corps, but I need specifics on those markings. Very urgent.
14-8385 JU. I need to know the manufacturer and the caliber if anyone knows it.

·
Administrator
17,750 Posts
I read the forum XXIV Corps, but I need specifics on those markings. Very urgent.
14-8385 JU. I need to know the manufacturer and the caliber if anyone knows it.
kevbels,

Call your local ATF district office and ask who is manufacturing cast ammunition with a microstamping with this code 14-8385 JU on the bases.

DI5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts