M14 Forum banner

10 dot 100yd challenge.

45K views 289 replies 40 participants last post by  nf1e 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's keep it informal and fun like the last time. 100yds and 1"dots 10 per 8 x 11 sheet. Continuous hits in a row for score. Open season on dots all year long.
We can post targets and bring the leader board along as we progress.
M14 type rifles only. Optics open to the choice of the shooter.

Open to suggestions for making this enjoyable for everyone. Should we do this monthly and start fresh each month?

Shots start at #1 and progress in order.

#1 #2
#3 #4
#5 #6
#7 #8
#9 #10
[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_1718_zps3jyqfrbq.jpg.html][/URL]

Hope we get a bunch of entries.
Ready on the left, Ready on the right. Commence fire at will.
Hope Will is fast and gets the heck out of the way.

Semper Fi
Art

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
thanks, just asked a backer question on the other thread.

monthly works for me.

can you print the target?

Reactions: nf1e
#4 ·
I cannot get it to work here for me and only have the 20 dot one found

#10 ·
Looking at input from folks that plan on shooting to determine rules as we go along.
No prizes other than recognition of accomplishment.
M14 type rifle, any optics allowed, any position including rests for the weary.
Score accordingly and post your target photos here along with description of rifle used and position shot from.

Semper Fi
Art

#11 · (Edited)
Shot a 4 out of 10 today with three in a row!

Score: 4/10-3

2006 SAI Supermatch
SWFA SS 3-15 x 42 mil/mil

Shot off my wobbly portable bench out at work

Attachments

Reactions: mdsmith99 and 32639
#15 · (Edited)
I am assuming here but can the 20 Dot downloaded target be used? And only mark and fire ten for score!?

And is vertical placement required? Is horizontal placement ok?

www.mytargets.com

I do not have the original 10 Dot target on my pc

#16 ·
Shot the 10 dot today with member rbgonoles.

2014 M1A Loaded
Vortex Diamondback 2-8x32
PPU 155 grain match
Shooting rested

Zeroed the rifle but opened a new box of ammo to start and saw POI shift as I shot the 10 dot. Shooting top to bottom, left to right. Fired 3 rounds and adjusted, fired 4th, 5th and 6th rounds adjusting after each. Fired final 4 rounds with no sight adjustment. Odd, shot 2 additional targets but couldn't beat the 3 hits. I need some work but it was fun!:ARM34:

#17 ·
Shot the 10 dot today with member rbgonoles.

2014 M1A Loaded
Vortex Diamondback 2-8x32
PPU 155 grain match
Shooting rested

Zeroed the rifle but opened a new box of ammo to start and saw POI shift as I shot the 10 dot. Shooting top to bottom, left to right. Fired 3 rounds and adjusted, fired 4th, 5th and 6th rounds adjusting after each. Fired final 4 rounds with no sight adjustment. Odd, shot 2 additional targets but couldn't beat the 3 hits. I need some work but it was fun!:ARM34:

Eyeguy, it is an endless battle!

I am here trying to fix my printer! How did you get such nice Dots!?

#22 ·
need to try this one again! it is getting very hot out here and am running out of bullets!

anyone have the old 'ten dot' target file to download and print?

#23 ·
I am really tickled pink w/ this endeavor. I am gonna setup one rifle for scope. I think I am gonna like it a lot.

#24 ·
give it a go highlandfarmer!

ALL shooting is fun!

#27 ·
My rifle shot the 155 Amax's great with 41.0 gr of H4895

#31 ·
Where did you download your target gkayea?

The 10 dot I seem to print out here are like 7/8" and not even orange...lol

#32 ·
I got me some targets here so will try this some this weekend if all goes well and loaded me up 15 rounds of sighters for an old 20 round box of 800 meter ammo I had loaded up and need to shoot!

Think I need to clean my rifle though! Last time out it, or I, went crazy on my last mag!

#34 ·
Thanks gkayea!

I tried that and they were coming out 7/8" so I PM'd eyeguy and he got me the file I have saved and now get correct 1" dots!

Thanks again EyeGuy!

#36 · (Edited)
Was out on Friday and planned to shoot the 10 dot with my LRB/M14. Unfortunately, I was only able to get 8 shots in working on a new zero before lightening shut the range down. I tried to wait it out (my range has a 15 mile/30 minute rule on lightening strikes) but two hours after the first strike was recorded they shut down for the day and sent everyone home. Plan to try again on Sunday but the forecast ain't promising!

Range management has gotten kinda conservative since lightning hit our flag pole 4 weeks ago sending chunks of concrete flying over 100 yards. Besides blowing out the foundation around the base of the pole, the strike took out water pumps (2), water lines, wi-fi and various computers. Heard the damage was near 24K based on repairs done to date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.