M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on some new sights on my 10/22,and they are awesome!! They are from True Shot Technologies--adjustable(windage)rear and elevation adjustable (front) Called the Mil-Sight for 10/22's--I couldn't hit the ground with the factory sights,but within 10 rounds I was shooting the center ring on a Shoot N See target!!USN5

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,424 Posts
I have a set of Millit sights for a 10/22 that I really like, I'm not sure if they still make them or not, I'm going to put them on my old Ruger 44 mag S/A rifle, now if I could just figure out how to get more then 4 rounds.

excuse the dust on the sights in the pictures, the barrel has been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years and the dust here in Vegas is every where.

Casey

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I just put on some new sights on my 10/22,and they are awesome!! They are from True Shot Technologies--adjustable(windage)rear and elevation adjustable (front) Called the Mil-Sight for 10/22's--I couldn't hit the ground with the factory sights,but within 10 rounds I was shooting the center ring on a Shoot N See target!!USN5
Nice shooting. I'm using "Tech sights" currently, but really like the look and design of the "Mil-sight" that you suggest. The Tech sights are a little clunky to adjust IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts
+1 on the Tech Sights. They are quite good. My 10/22 with Tech Sights is a great training rifle for the M14.

Reactions: pitbulz21

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice.

I just put on a set of williams sights on my 10/22. The rear sight is a fully adjustable aperture and the front is a blade with a gold bead. The only thing I wish was that it had "click" adjustable target knobs... because as it is now, the aperture can only be adjusted with a small flathead screwdriver. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I wish I would have known about that before I bought my TechSights... I like the compact peep assembly. I like the TechSights, but there are a few 'design inadequacies' I'd like to fix.

Do you have to have that goofy flash hider on to use the TrueShot front sight?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nodak Spud rocks. I have their first railed 10/22 upper with the integral M16A1 sight. Good stuff. IMO they may make the best 10/22 receiver for the money.

I put a Tech-Sight 220 elevation adjustable rear aperture on mine along with a finger adjustable windage wheel. It's a nice setup for a "liberty training rifle"...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
FYI, we (True Shot Technologies ) are coming out with an integral see through & low profile rear sight set up very soon.
Your input is appreciated as usual,
here is the 'flat top' see through prorotype.
You have Full view of the front sight and it will securley hold a full size 3x9 scope / red dot, etc.
We will eventually have the low profile integrated as well.
Thank for your opinions.
BTW, No you do not have to have the flash hider for the front sight...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just picked up my 10/22 and the threads to mount the sight-tech site (or scope rail) was stripped on delivery. Kinda irritated and don't want to go through the hassle to send it back to ruger. Luckly, the shop I got it from will retap it for free, just annoyed it came like this from the factory.

PSA: If you ever get a 10/22, check those threads before signing any papers.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The Tech sights are nice, but I ordered them without the adjustment tool. I have the setup geeck shows up top there.

Now I have to use an AR15 adjusting tool and my little screwdriver, but they seem to work fine.

If you want them, do not forget to tag that adjustment tool onto your order so you don't get gouged on a new shipping charge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.