M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs. Different and I are back from the Las Vegas Crossroads of the West Gun Show Report. It was held at the Tropicana Hotel Convention Center. Admission was $9.00 with a $1.00 coupon available from the promoter's web site. Parking is free at the Tropicana. I'd say 99 % of the dealer tables had gun related items. We counted two jewelry stands and one beef jerky vendor. Other than that, it was guns, lots of guns. :lol:

I'll focus on the M14 stuff. SOG (CA), Windsor Arms (AZ), Citadel Gun & Safe (NV), a FFL named Jeremiah Johnson, and two more dealers (Pete from CA and a second dealer from Phoenix, AZ) were selling M14 type rifles.

Mr. Johnson had LRB Arms serial number 137X for sale. It has a medium weight Douglas barrel in a nice walnut stock and matching hand guard. Windsor Arms has Super Match M1A serial number 00385X. SOG had three gunsmith built walnut stock M1A National Match rifles. I believe these are post-'94 receivers. Citadel Gun & Safe had a M1A SOCOM 16 serial number 166XXX and a Super Match M1A with stainless steel barrel serial number 130XXX. The second dealer had three M1A rifles, serial numbers are 090XXX, 091XXX and 092XXX. One of them was a custom built NM model with laminated Fajen stock and Redfield Palma rear and front sights. The other two M1A rifles have GI chrome plated barrels IIRC.

SOG has some USGI M14 parts but he's always high end of the market so I didn't ask except for the one stripped receiver he had. He was asking $695.00 for Entreprise Arms receiver serial number 0111X. Pete from CA (he had many great things to say about Ted Brown) is the Da Man for M14 parts but he knows the market so his prices were fair. I bought some USGI M14 parts from him (castle nut $8, bolt stop $10 and chrome firing pin $20). I tried to buy his Polytech and his hard chromed Norinco receiver but he wants to keep them. He's got NIW flash suppressors, flash suppressor nut pliers, gas cylinders, trigger group parts, Smith Enterprise M14 parts, an early version M2 bipod plus new condition bolts, sight parts, gas pistons, etc. He's a lot of fun to talk to.

Check this out, M14 fans. He has the following M14E2 stock items: a complete excellent condition M14E2 birch stock ($425), an E2 hinged butt plate, two E2 butt pads, and two M14E2 fore grips though one appears to be commercial manufacture. I did not get his contact information but he will be at the Phoenix Small Arms Review show in December. He also frequents the Reno Crossroads show. I am a believer in TRW M14 safeties now. Pete had one of these. It was the real deal. TRW must have made these as a replacement part. This will be duly noted, of course. :wink:

There were three vendors selling NIW 1971 and 1972 manufacture Winchester USGI M14 magazines. Best price on these was two for $60.00. I found another dealer that was selling used Borg-Warner M14 magazines for $20.00 each. 8)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Good Report, Thanks Different! =D>

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention that Pete from CA also had a M1A SOCOM 16 with Springfield Armory / Choate black crinkle folding stock and matching hand guard AND M1A serial number 00565X for sale. 8)

FYI, Mrs. Different and I will be your ace cub reporters for the 2005 SHOT Show. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.