·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? Wat is the Barrel Twist Rate on an03A3 :?:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Good Question!!! I tried to find out the easy way, but no go.

Since I hope to be a new 03/A3 owner in the near future, I did some quick digging around and didn't come up with much info.

Here's what I found: PACNOR makes 03/A3 replacement barrels and there list shows a 2 groove barrel with a 1 in 16" (????) twist. Their 4 groove barrel shows a twist rate of 1 in 11".

Could find any mil-specs on these barrels so if any of you collector/shooters out there have some info, I'm sure that Trung Si and I would both appreciate it.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Thanks for the info, Ox.

If ya don't mind, I'd sure like to know where you got the info. Is there a book or a web site that covers this kind of spec information? If you wouldn't mind, I'd sure appreciate knowing about it for future reference.

I'd like to get all the info I can so I can start collecting a little - just love those old battle rifles. :mrgreen:

Dennis

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D According to Les Staley of BR next door the 03A3s were Rifeled with a 1in10.5 Twist with two Broach passes, he got this out of Joe Poyers Book. :D

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D Thats alright Oxmix you were close enough, If I would have checked it myself with a cleaning rod Iwould have said 1in10 Also. :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.