1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
PM Sent

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Have a chance to pick up a 03A3 in "great" original condition from my local dealer whom I trust. $1200. Off the top of your head does that like a fair price?

It's a rip off.

The last few 03A3's I managed to buy were $600-$650 and they were in great condition.

Ask him if he's any relation to Blackbeard the pirate or check his shop for signs of fishing gear.

He may be out to catch suckers.

And, stay away from Gun Shows.

There's a disease running around in them.

Overpriceditis..

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I saw a super clean 1944 production rifle in a local gun shop today for 695.00! If I didn't already have 3..................GI3

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
O3A3's , some of you guys sure love them, but the were the original red headed step child of the military rifle collecting community for a long time! My first military rifle was a 03A3 bought in about 1975 from a family friend that bought it from the DCM in 1955 for $35, he charred me $35 for it , I was 14 years old at the time.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Gave $800 for this about three years ago:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Seems kinda high, I paid $550 a few years back, not pristine but all original

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
For that level of money you could find a good '03 I would think even though I know the prices are climbing these days. Not a thing wrong with the A3 version but it is the "economy mode" version of the '03. Stamped metal wherever possible, less milled/machined areas on the receiver, and a much less costly rear sight. As for the rear sight on the A3 it is far more user friendly than the '03 ladder type sight and a whole lot more rugged as well. Suggestion only, but I would shop around a bit more for an A3.

·
Registered
252 Posts
3 years ago I paid $800 for nearly the exact same rifle as Mercman (pictured above). I probably would not have paid as much if it were not for the fact that I was buying a deceased friend's collection from his family.

Look for a two groove 03A3, they really shoot.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I traded my SOCOM with a few extras (rifle only had about $1400 in it, traded an AR for it) for $1k and a SC with a 6 groove barrel. Small parts all Rem and the stock was sanded of almost all stamps.

Unless the rifle in in Collector Grade condition, it's not worth near that much. $600-$750 is about the normal price range I see. Dig hard enough and you may find some in the $400-$500 bracket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts