M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They aren't fitting. I'm worried about damaging the stock and I've stripped the threads on two bands and I'm stopping work for now. What am I doing wrong here?

·
Super Moderator
11,173 Posts
Try too use a med "C" clamp with a small amount of preasure too help close the end gap, then screw in the band screw, hope this helps.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Different manufacture barrel bands fit different manufacture stocks differently. That's what you're dealing with. Not all of the original 03A3 stocks were made to the same dimensions.
Most will swap out without damage, but you may have to look at a different stock and/or hardware until you find a set that fits without damaging one or the other.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

I also had an issue where the stock hole for the bolt was drilled off center relative to the band. No matter what, it wouldn't line up. I had to drill out the stock quite a bit and for a permanent fix I'll need to fit and glue a dowel and then re-drill. May be worthwhile to verify the hole with a small punch before you go further.

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

FWIW:

Correction: though it was indeed a USGI stock, it was NOT NOS in cosmo. It was clearly used and I had it confused with a different stock.

Regards, Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts