M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
What is the deal on a SA 03 Mark I with Pederson cut out? Are they more valuable than regular 03's given the same condition? Where can I find info on them?
Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
If they have the correct stock, bolt and also have the special trigger and sear for the Pedersen device probalby yes depending upon condition. Usually they have been through an Arsenal rebuild and will have had the trigger and sear replaced with standard 1903 parts. The barrels and bolts are usually replaced too.

Hope this helps. If you do a Google search you will find tons of info out there.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Supposedly more valuable but I haven't found that to be the case. I paid $550 shipped for mine a year or so ago.

Wish it came with a Pedersen device... ;)

Vids if you're interested
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8ZPywfDx8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5qpu1zUQqI[/ame]

·
Registered
781 Posts
1kperday-

I have been a subscriber of yours on youtube for a while now, I had no idea you were on here...! Cool to put that together and awesome rifle.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I really wish those things were still around, ( or better yet they made a modern version) that would be sick.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
The Pederson device sear was a jointed affair which increased trigger pull to an impractical degree. For that reason, these were replaced with standard sears when the MK I's were released for general issue around 1928. About the best thing I can say for MK I's is that they all have high numbered or double heat treated receivers. For some reason, they aren't generally as easily marketable as standard high number or nickel steel 03's. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Last time I shot mine it was a really nice off hand group. I wish I could still shoot like that today.

·
Retired
4,700 Posts
Hey guys,
What is the deal on a SA 03 Mark I with Pederson cut out? Are they more valuable than regular 03's given the same condition? Where can I find info on them?
Thanks
The gov't made around 120,000 Mark 1 rifles, so they are pretty common. It is nice to find one in original shape with correct stock and Mark 1 parts, ie. sear and magazine cut-off. Those in original condition bring a nice price, but then, any original '03 that hasn't been through rebuild and has original stock, barrel, etc. are hard to find and do bring a nice price compared to a rebuilt rifle. I just love the '03's....GI1

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The trigger on my Mark l doesn't feel any different than a standard 1903 without the Mark l parts.

Regards

Ox

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
The Pederson sears were replaced prior to re-issue for this reason. I tried retrofitting one before Brophy's book came out with parts from either Ricca or De Christopher and experience the same problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts